Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Well, we had a wonderful quiet Thanksgiving at home. I was very thankful to see my hubby! He had all of Thursday and Friday off! It was SO nice to have him home. We just had a relaxing day, enjoying each other. Then on Friday morning, Marvin got up at 5am and headed to Circuit City to get a new tv and sound system. I am so glad we held out, he got such a great deal! He was home before the kids and I woke up. He took care of everything and let me sleep in until....10am!!!!! I don't remember the last time I slept that late, 6 years ago maybe! Once I got my lazy self going, we all headed to Target for a few last minute things and a tv stand. It was crazy, but not nearly as bad as I had thought. Most people get out of our way when they see us coming though, so that helps! After Target, it was time to head home for naps. Marvin put together the tv stand and then when the kids woke up we went to a local "winter wonderland". They have a snow show with fake snow and lights and music and even live reindeer! I tried to get a picture of the kids, but they are all so bundled up, you can hardly see them through hats and coats. We are not used to the cold yet! We picked the perfect Christmas tree and watched Marvin put it on top of the van. After it was all tied down, Marvin put a piece of twine for each of the boys to hold through the door. They really think they held the tree on that roof the whole way home! So funny. We got it up, but after 3 attempts, decided decorating would have to wait(as I cut the lights trying to trim a branch so the star fits on top.). Well, I got it done today and it is very pretty. One last thing. We said good bye to Lulu today. I put an ad on Craig's List about finding her a home. We just don't have a life fitting for a dog. She was getting more and more neglected as the girls get older and need more. So, I found her a wonderful home with 2 sisters that have all the time in the world for her. They can't wait to love her and spoil her the way I wish I could. Hopefully in a year or two we can reexamine our circumstances. I just don't feel quite right without a pup.
A family shot...well, it almost was!

Are we in the North Pole?!?

My very cold cuties!

I was pretty impressed, I got 5 pairs of eyes!

Here it is, the perfect tree!

Hot stuff!

I don't need help! I got this!

Up, up, and over!

Sarah's checking out the twine

UNTIL it stuck to her candy cane hands!

Sam holding the tree on the roof!

Michael and Josh are holding tight too!

1 comment:

The Carters said...

I'm so excited to hear ya'll are doing well. The boys "holding" the Christmas tree down to the car on the way home is priceless! Keep the stories coming :)