Friday, August 14, 2009

We are still alive!!!!!!

I cannot tell you exactly what we've been doing for the last 2 weeks, but I can tell you it has been busy. The sunshine went away and except for a couple minutes here and there, we have not seen it for a week! It finally did rain and that was good, we needed it badly. We have some green in our yard again. Hopefully now the sun can come back and we can enjoy the last bit of summer. The boys started soccer this week. At least Sam did.






Michael starts this coming week, but he has been practicing here at home. Marvin might co coach his team this year. We'll see. He has never played or even watched a soccer game to my knowledge. I guess we will see how it goes. Sam gets his uniform tomorrow and he is more than thrilled. We are also gearing up for school to start. Man, it seems like we just got done. The classroom is set up and the first 6 weeks are planned. I just need to make copies and we should be good to go. Josh and the girls are still TROUBLE! I don't remember the big boys doing even half of the things that these 3 do, it is crazy. I literally can't leave them alone for a minute without them destroying something or eating something or climbing something. It is like they are trying to outdo each other. Maybe a game of truth or dare that I just don't know about. They are getting cuter by the day however. As much trouble as they are, I think this is my favorite age. Although, I've said that about every age...and it is always true! We downgraded our tv and now there is no more Noggin. That is why we downgraded. I was convicted by how much I was using the tv to keep them out of trouble and quiet when we were at home. They now have an hour limit and have to agree on the shows they want to watch. To be honest, since this has happened there are days they don't even watch that hour. It has been really nice to enjoy each other again. I didn't realize how much the tv was getting in the way of our interaction as a family.

This has nothing to do with the post, but I had to share. Abby got the swimsuit out of her drawer and put it on all by herself. She forgot to take her onsie off though. She is so darn cute!

No comments: