Friday, February 26, 2010

Hit Hard

We have been hit hard by a particularly ugly virus that is going around our area. We don't go to the doctor unless I am really concerned. I don't like exposing my little ones to even worse germs than they come with and I really try all natural remedies before we use medicines. However, with this virus, we have been to the doctor's office twice and the ER once and that was when only 2 of the kids had it. Now they all have it in its various phases. Lovely! The only silver lining is that at least going to the hospital so many times has given me a place to show off my really good hair week. That only happens about once a year, so at least someone got to see it. The first 2 days seems to wear them out and after that, they are hyper from being stuck in the house. The problem with that is that the cough is so bad that when they get active or laugh(which is hard to avoid in our house), they have such a coughing fit that they throw up. NICE! I got so irritated with them the other night trying to make each other laugh to the point of puking, I threatened the next person to purposefully make someone throw up would be cleaning up the mess themselves! That did the trick. That and tv. Nick Jr has been on way more than I would ever admit otherwise! But at least they are still and quiet! They have enjoyed watching the Olympics that I record every night. Sam was especially excited about the luge. He asked me how fast they were going and when I told him faster than our car on the highway, he excitedly declared that is what he wants to do when he grows up. Why am I not surprised that my son wants to zip down an icy track going 90mph wearing only a leotard laying on nothing more than a board on blades? I hope my heart holds out during his adolescence and adult years when I can no longer protect him from himself!!! Sarah and Abby love the ice skating, it is so funny to watch them trying to mimic the moves they see! I'd better run. I need to boil toothbrushes and disinfect the house while all the kiddos are resting! I am determined that we will survive this thing and someday we will leave the house for a reason other than to visit our hospital!

1 comment:

julie said...

God Bless you angel. I think of you often with your five and wonder how anyone survives having 5 sick kids in a row! You are an awesome mommy and you do such a great job with your crew. I pray you can escape the virus and stay well! Sounds like we have had the same yuckies here! Tons going around right now...maybe it is a good thing to be stuck at home. Praying next week is better for you!