I remember being concerned as they whisked him away to the warmer, talking about calling the NICU doc because his cry seemed so weak. My heart skipped a beat as I prayed with all that I was. Within just a few minutes, the specialists were convinced that he was just a quiet baby. He would whimper and then just look into his Daddy's eyes and watch in awe. He has been so watchful and quiet from day one.
That has not changed at all. He is still very quiet, very introspective. I used to gaze into his big eyes and wonder what caused his constant look of awe. I used to wonder what on earth was going on inside those thoughts. I love that he is old enough to tell me now. I love even more that he wants to share those thoughts with me. I pray that never changes.
Although he is quiet and thoughtful, he has my sarcastic tendency. He is also so incredibly witty. He is really funny when he is comfortable. He is my comic relief quite often.
He is also very artistic. He LOVES photography and taking videos. Little Man is constantly filling up my camera memory and using up my battery. But he is pretty talented. I'm not at all biased :)
Michael has really matured in the last few months. He is making friends and building relationships outside of our family. So far he has picked wonderful kids to befriend. I pray that wisdom continues into adulthood. It is so important!
He is one smart cookie (again, I am in no way biased). He has such insight and wisdom for a 9 year old. He can feel and know things that are much deeper than the surface that most 9 year olds see and know. He blows my mind sometimes by his deep feelings and wisdom.
Dear Michael,
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love you. You have had a huge part of my heart since the minute I knew you existed. As I looked into your big brown eyes for the very first time, I knew that you were amazing. As I've watched you grow, that has only deepened. I am so proud of the boy you have become. I am beginning to see your talents and gifts form and am so excited to see how they develop and how they will be used to serve our God. I pray that you will follow His every lead and allow Him to use you. As you grow, I know our relationship will change. You will drive me crazy and I'll drive you crazy. But nothing, absolutely nothing, will ever change how much I love you. I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as you're living, my baby you'll be.
With Unfailing Love,
Your Mama



No comments:
Post a Comment