Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lessons Learned

We are as settled as we can be not knowing how much longer it will be before we have orders. It could be next week or not for another 6 months or more. It is so hard to live without planning for me. But, I am learning to be content with today. Some days I do really well, other days I feel on the edge of crazy. I suppose if it wasn't this, it would be something else. I saw a great quote on someone's facebook status the other day. It said, "Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful." AMEN! I need to remember everyday to focus on the wonderful in my life instead of the things I wish I could change but can't. In all reality, I am blessed beyond measure. Even if everything else was stripped away tomorrow, God has promised to never leave me nor forsake me. What a thought! I honestly did not think this time of limbo would last near this long, but I can honestly say that God has given me peace in the midst of this craziness. We are not sure what the near future holds for us, but we are fairly sure that Marvin will be on his ship for at the very least the first half of deployment. That means he will miss the second Christmas in a row. As hard as that is for the kids and I, it is really wearing on my husband. He has missed so many memories. He has been home only one of the girls' 4 birthdays. It is hard to know that life goes on without you for the people you love. I'm sorry for that sad tangent, but I want to be real here so that those of you who are praying for us will know exactly how to pray. Pray that he will stay focused on his race. He reenlisted only because, after much prayer, he felt God calling him to do so. He has the opportunity to reach the otherwise unreachable on his ship working side by side with them. He has a mission field there. As long as he remembers that, the sacrifice seems small. Please pray that we would not lose sight of the race that has been set before us. We do not want to get caught up in the things that we will be missing and miss out on the things He has set for us to do. Please pray that we would not focus on ourselves but on those that we can serve. Only in following Him and doing His will can we find contentment and peace. As we get ready for another seperation, not knowing how long it will last, we can rest in the knowledge that we are exactly where He has called us to be. He will give us the grace to get through each day if we will continue to seek Him first and do His will.

No comments: