Friday, February 10, 2012

One More Month

I cannot give the dates that Marvin will be detached from his ship and headed home, but I can say we are less than a month from welcoming my love home!!!!! When he left in December, it seemed that it would be forever. And let me just say now, there have been days that I truly have thought seemed more like years! But here we are, on the countdown to the other side! This homecoming brings with it a time of stability for our family (at least once the dust of chaos settles). At least 3 years of togetherness for us. I know this sounds funny to you who live together under one roof everyday, but I am anxious about it. I miss Marvin so so much when he is away, but it is the normal for us. I would be naive to say that we are just gonna flow seamlessly into life together on a daily basis. It is a huge transition when he comes home from long separations. Both in his relationship with the kids and in our marriage. As hard as it is to say goodbye, it is also hard to come back together. Would you begin praying for all of us. This hello is going to be very quickly followed by yet another cross country move, this will be 5 moves in the last 4 years if you are not keeping track. It is difficult to continue to have to switch living separately and then coming together over and over. It is VERY hard for me to give up the complete running of the family because logistically it just has to be that way while Marvin is away. I LIKE it. It is very hard to hand over something I like. Or at least it is hard to not constantly take it back! If you are praying for us, I would appreciate prayers that we will surrender and allow God to bring us together again with our eyes focused on Him. It is so so much easier to reunite when we are standing on the Rock instead of on shifting sand. I am so excited to be on the great countdown! The kids wake me every morning with the new number of days until Abba gets home! I love that!!!

2 comments:

Shelbi said...

One more month! I am so excited for you guys. Will be praying for a smooth transition for all of you. I am sure it is a big adjustment

And I have to say while I am thrilled for you guys as a family we are also a selfishly thrilled as Marvin's homecoming also means that we too can begin a countdown of sorts as to when you get to move "home". Gray can't wait to play with Sam and Maddie can't wait to see her girls:) I have to keep reminding her that they are no longer babies.

Amiee said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and thank you for the prayers for Katy girl!

Your family is ADORABLE... you might have the cutest kids I have ever seen. I think your youngest 3 look just like Jon & Kate Plus 8's little ones. Do you get that all the time?

My thanks and prayers to you and your husband for all the sacrifices you have made to keep us safe. I hold a special place in my heart for Military Familes. YOU are my hero!!