Friday, September 19, 2008
I'm back again!
So, I've been told I'm slacking, but I have good reason this time! The kids and I have been visiting with my brother and his family in Virginia! Sean made Chief this year and I was so excited to be able to share in it with him at his pinning ceremony! My parents came up with me on Friday and Saturday night and we got to visit with Uncle Sean, Aunt Susan and Jarod and Ty as well as my Grandma. It was so fun to get to see and visit with them! We stayed in a nearby hotel in adjoining rooms. My parents had to leave Sunday, after a great time visiting friends in the church Marvin and I met in! So, the kids and I spent the next 2 days staying in Jarod's bedroom! The kids had a blast with their cousins and they did really well being completely off schedule. I'll post some pictures soon, but I have to get them off my camera first! I caught a cold there which knocked me for quite a loop for a few days, not a fun ride home for Mama! However, the 4 video players pointing to the back of the van DEFINATELY helped the kids' ride. If you aren't sure what crazy is, drug yourself with cold meds and spend 3 hours in the car with 2 different movies playing in stereo and 5 tired, cranky babies! Lets just say I've never been so glad to see Aunt Nancy's driveway! The next day, I took Abby in for her preop for her ear tubes. She is scheduled for surgery on Monday morning! I am so glad that they are moving her through so quickly, I bet she'll be walking and talking before we know it! Today we went to see an RV. We've been on the hunt for quite a while now but could never find something we liked and could afford. So, we went to a show where a very nice dealer brought one specially so we could take a look at it. I knew it was meant to be as soon as I walked in the door. God is so wonderful at working out all the details! It has been sold twice, but fell through both times. The RV is located 3 hours away, which I couldn't drive to just look at something. It just so happened that the dealership was bringing several RVs down to a show about 45 minutes from us. They brought the one I was interested in as a favor since they were already coming. We saw it in the parking lot and it passed my standards and my dad checked all the important stuff out and gave it 2 thumbs up. So, we are taking him a check and bringing our new RV home tomorrow morning! How great is that? God is so good, He reminds me once again that all things are His and in His hands! Marvin is coming home in just 20 days! He will be flying in here on the 9th of October! I am beyond excited, I cannot wait for him to be home and for us to be a real family once again. Well, I need to get in bed. I will post pictures of our trip and our new "home" tomorrow night. Also of Michael's birthday pictures! I can't believe my baby boy is 6 years old already! It is crazy to think that 6 years ago I was getting ready to be a first time mommy, and now I have 5 kids and a dog. Who would've guessed!?! Only God, I wonder if he chuckled that night knowing what was to come. I'm glad he didn't let me in on the secret at that time, talk about feeling overwhelmed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment