Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Big, Jumbled Mess!

Sometimes, it is hard to figure out where to start after I've been away from the blog for so long! I spent several days last weeks away from the blog world to kind of reconnect with the "real" world and my favorite subjects to write about...my kids! Then we were gone all weekend having fun. The last 2 days I have started about 4 different posts, but just couldn't seem to find the right place to start! SO, I decided that I'll just do a quick update to bring you up to speed and stay on track from here on out!

*Marvin got a new car! A race car according to the boys. They are VERY excited. I'm just a little embarrassed to drive it, as you see, I'm more a minivan girl than a bright blue race car girl! I have found it fun to give my wonderful husband a hard time about his new purchase. I have affectionately named the car Moby...as in Moby Dick. It has a huge "whale tail" on the back(race car style). I crack up every time he pulls into the garage because his low front end scrapes the end of our very steep driveway EVERY single time. However, the man that I love is really excited about it, so I can embrace Moby as I chuckle to myself!

*Onto other Marvin news...he is now a college graduate! Yep, that is right. You see, he finished his last class about 2 months ago by correspondence. He was sure he had failed the class. He only finished a third of his final before the test timed out. Not great chances after that. So, he has asked his professor for his ending grade a few times and kept checking back. But, because we both thought it was no chance of passing, we didn't stay right on it. The longer it took to get the grade, the longer it would be before we had to face him having to take the class over. Well, he found out late last week that he passed with a C-! WHAT?! So, now he just has to turn in all of his paperwork and request his diploma! YEAH! Oh, it is a Bachelors in Nuclear Engineering if you are curious! I am so proud of him!

*We are enjoying summertime around here. The kids and I go from one park to the other, every so often throwing in the zoo or the mall play place to add a little spice! School is done for the year and it is SO nice to have a break from the planning and organizing and work that it takes. Don't get me wrong, I love homeschooling, it is just nice to have a break! We plan to start back up again in late August. School in Washington doesn't start until September, but we are going to spend 2 weeks in October visiting my dad during his fur low from Afghanistan and I don't want to worry about school during that time!

*Josh has an appointment with the Developmental Pediatrician tomorrow morning. He is much approved from just after his sickness, but he is still having issues. The no dairy thing has really seemed to help him. We shall see if he fits somewhere on the Autism Spectrum or if there is something else that he fits. I'm just not sure. I've done so much research and I really have no answers. He fits into a lot of things, but none of them are a perfect fit. Does that make sense? I just know that it is hard to watch my man struggle with so much and not be able to do anything!

*The gluten free diet is going well. I am also proud to say that I have had not even a drop of Diet Coke in over 3 days!!!!! I had a bit at the zoo on Saturday, but haven't had it in the house since last Wednesday! That is a whole week!!!! I am no longer having real withdrawal symptoms and am happy to be over this huge hurdle. I feel more healthy already!

I told it is would be a big jumbled mess of thoughts! I had to do it though or this blog would just sit here, me not knowing where to even begin. I will be back later to add pictures to this blog, so you might want to check back tomorrow, but right now I need to clean up our lunch mess and get dressed. Yes, you heard correctly, I am still in my jammies. What can I say, I love summer time!

No comments: