Monday, August 24, 2009

School days and missing teeth!

Where have I been, you ask?! Well, I've been running about 50 mph trying to get the last minute things done for school. Well, it paid off! We started today. Our school year does not start here until the week after Labor day, but we started early this year. We are planning to spend 2 weeks visiting my dad when he comes home for leave in October and I did not want to haul our school work or get behind. This should put us back on target to be able to follow the regular school schedule for the rest of the year. I was a bit nervous to start this year. The girls are bigger, louder, and sleep a lot less this year. I was not sure how it would go over or how many times we'd have to stop to deal with them. The answer was, so far it has gone well. They were a bit loud, but I stocked up our educational toys and easy puzzles and games and they were quietly amused. I only brought out a few so that we can keep the newness alive and hopefully get more quiet time out of it. The hard stuff is kept for after the girls and Josh go down for naps. We got done so quick that we had time for a Costco run and a stop at McDonalds to play a bit before nap time! They were very excited about that! While we were there, Michael bit into his Chicken nugget and said, "man, that piece is hard". I didn't pay much attention, you know how chicken nuggets can be, every so often you bite into some grizzle and need to spit it out. Then he looked up and smiled at me and I saw it...or didn't! There was a whole where his loose tooth had been! My Michael lost his very first tooth and did not even know it! I asked him to show me the hard part he'd found and it was his tiny tooth! He was SO excited! He has been very worried about it hurting when it came out. To the point of avoiding anything with his front teeth. He would not even let me touch it. So, I am so glad that it was so easy and pain and drama free! My boy is growing up! He already has it waiting under his pillow for the tooth fairy! I'll let you know what she leaves!

2 comments:

James 1:27 Family said...

Yea Michael! So fun. I love your new blog look. It's awesome.

Love to you all!
Amy

Shelbi said...

How cute is Mr Toothless!!! Don't you just love how they look with those holes in their mouths.

Maddie is waiting not so patiently for her top tooth to come out. She yanked out her bottom two, determined they would come out on demand. Not so with this one, it is holding on for dear life:)