Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fun times!

I have got so many posts coming! They are written in my head, it has just gotten harder to get them actually on the blog. One of my New Years resolutions is to be better about writing stuff down. There is SO much that I do not want to forget and so little time to remember it all! My mom has been here for the last week. It has been SO wonderful to have her here. She is supposed to be going home on Thursday...I'm not quite sure that she will make it to the airport on time ;)! Sarah has decided that panties are the cool thing yet again. She has been in them for 2 days now. She has not been as successful this time as in the past, but she is really trying. Who knows if she will be doing it still tomorrow. If there is one thing I have learned, it is that I cannot MAKE Sarah go in the potty. There are several places that I have to be firm with her, that I am in charge of. Eating and going potty are all hers and I will not fight the fights that I cannot win. I can bribe though(I prefer to call them rewards!)! If she eats her dinner, she gets a snack. If she goes potty on the potty, she gets a piece of chocolate. It has caused her to try really hard to get it right. This morning, she was sitting on the potty and trying REALLY hard to get some candy! She passed gas and she looked up at me in surprise and said, "Oh! Bless you!" Then she giggled. It was absolutely adorable. We will keep this up for as long as she is willing. I cannot wait for the day that Abby is ready to start training and I can throw the diapers away for good!

No comments: