Thursday, April 8, 2010
Why Do I Always Go Missing?
I am sitting here contemplating why I go missing from here so much these days. I have come to the conclusion that it is because when there is just too much for my mind to process, I just shut it down and try to pretend there is nothing at all. Kind of like when I used to pull the covers over my head when I was little. Oh, and because I'm just a tad bit busy ;). We got some news the other day that Marvin's deployment has been extended to last 10 months instead of the normal 6-7 months. Our plan was just to stay here and go on with our daily lives, but for various reasons, we feel like we need to leave our current rental home and get settled somewhere else before he leaves. Then, we thought if we have to pack everything up anyway, we might as well put it all in storage and head to my parents' empty house in Michigan. Let me explain. My parents own a home in Michigan, but are not living in it until my dad retires from the Army. They have been renting it out, but it just so happens that their renters are moving out and the house will be empty. So, it works out well for all of us! My parents are not there, but my grandparents and an Aunt and Uncle and cousins are not too far away. It will be nice to be near family there. Homeschooling is easier to do there as well. Michael is going to be 8 this school year and in Washington, that means a letter of intent to homeschool as well as testing and assessments. We can forgo that another year if we are living and schooling there. Not that he wouldn't do well, just one less thing we have to schedule. My parents also own a whole lot of land and I cannot wait to let the kids run free and the dog will have a blast! We'll find a new house here once Marvin is home again. That decision made, I feel a bit lighter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Michael cannot be 8 this year!?!
MI?? Why not SC, just kidding!!! Well really I am not but completely understand why MI. Now I wish we were headed to WI again this year so we could pop on over and see you guys. Miss you!!! And still praying, maybe a bit selfishly, that you end up in SC again one day. Gray misses his buddy Sam and Maddie talks about the girls all the time, though she still refers to them as babies.
Praying everything works out in His perfect way!!
Post a Comment