Friday, December 3, 2010
Oh, Christmas Tree
It is that time of year again. As we approach Christmas time, I love to watch the excitement in my children. They have been around long enough to look forward to all the traditions we have formed over the years. The first is finding and cutting our tree the day after Thanksgiving. We did the same this year, except that the tree hunting took place right on our property. We decided to load up the tiny trailer I use to pull the kids with our quad. It is just big enough for them. So I hooked it all up and bundled us all up in winter gear. We headed through the tall grass and bumpy trails. It went well untila banch caused the trailer to dump. Good thing I was going slow. After I unburied Abby from he bottom o the pile and made sure that it would not happen again, we headed the rest of the way. The barbed wire fence almost had us, but we all got through unscaithed. My mind saw the perfect tree in our living room. My children were going more for the Charlie Brown look. They won...it is all about good memories and tradition after all! I piled the kids back in the little trailer and stuck the tree right on top if them. Ilistened to giggles all the way back to the house. It was great! I will try to add some pictures the next time the wind blows in our direction and we hve internet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You chopped the tree down by yourself?? You are THE WOMAN!!
Post a Comment