Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Being Thankful
Thanksgiving is right around the corner. A lot of people look and assume I don't have much to be thankful for this year. They see the seperation from Marvin because of deployment and my being alone with 5 kids. I will admit that there are moments of weakness that I look around and have a little pity party for myself. And then one of my children says or does something that brings a smile and reminds how much God has given to us. We have so much to be thankful for. I am most thankful for a day to focus on those things. A day that I can refocus on things and find something to be thankful for in every circumstance...and trust God in the stuff I can't find any good in. So, yes, my husband is away for a very long time. Because of his abscence, I have the oppurtunity to cling to Christ. Marvin is able to grow and lead others to Him. He was even able to lead praise and worship at a church in Bahrain just last weekend. Talk about awesome oppurtunities! We live in a house 1/3 the size of the last one, but it is warm and cozy. We are saving so much to put toward our adoption that it will be a reality and not just a dream! God has provided for not only our own needs, but for our future children's as well. Then there are the obvious ones, that need no digging to find God's hand. I look at Josh and really see him, which in itself is amazing! I see my children growing into wonderful people. My boys are so open to God and ways to serve Him and others around them. I see joy that come from them and am reminded that theirs is the kingdom of God. It is a constant reminder to see Him in everything. It comes so naturally for them. So, can you find Him in everything? The bigger question maybe is, can you trust Him even when you can't find Him there?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment