Thursday, April 21, 2011

Homecoming!





Homecoming is not just a little thing. It is a very big deal. The kids have never been to one before, Marvin usually gets off his ship when it pulls into Hawaii and flies to us 2 weeks before the ship makes it to its homeport. They were amazed at everything. We had spent 9 months surrounded by wonderful, supportive family and friends. But as great as they are, they do not understand what we go through during the separation during deployment. Here, for this time, we are surrounded by others that REALLY understand. These other people in the crowd have gone through the months of separation, they are feeling the same anticipation.

             They are looking longingly for that first glimpse of their loved one's face in the crowd.

They feel that same anxious, excited, butterfly feeling of joy when that face finally comes into focus!

They know what it is to wish that time would fly because once you see that face, your heart longs to be in those arms. And yet, it must wait as mere feet feel like miles.




The happiness that causes those tears that you have held back for months to fall, knowing that it is finally over...and yet, strangely, just beginning.

 Getting acquainted with those you should know inside and out


Knowing that no matter how much has changed, there is just as much that has not. That common ground is cherished as the newness is explored.
 




Welcome home, my love! As hard as these separations are, I would not trade them. It has made us appreciate each other in ways that otherwise we might not. I love you more than life itself!

3 comments:

The Carters said...

I am so glad you all are back together!! I thank Marvin and your family for the huge sacrifices you make to protect our country.
Can't wait to read more about the Q's adventures now that you have internet :)

James 1:27 Family said...

Lots and lots of happy tears for all of you! The header on your blog is enough to make anyone cry! So beautiful!~ Love you very much

Amy said...

I love this post and am so happy your family is back together! I really love the main picture on your blog. It should be framed!