The results of the Senior Chief boards came out last week. They came out late Tuesday night. We did not look. Marvin was up for Senior Chief for the second time. He was not at all hopeful of making it because he does not play the political games it takes to get a great evaluation. He works hard and has exceeded the qualifications he needs. He loves to push himself and he is a great leader because he works hand in hand with his guys. When they have to stay late to get something done, he stays later. His guys work hard for him and accomplish much because he works hard as well. I have seen a true leader emerge from him over the last 2 years! That said, without great evals, it is hard to make Senior Chief. The fact that we are still waiting for the results of his Officer package, Senior was not really on our radar. He told me in passing that results were coming out late on Tuesday. We went to bed like always, he got up and went to work on Wednesday. Once he gets to work, I do not hear from him until he is on his way home, so I was very surprised to get a call before noon. He told me that his boss just walked up, shook his hand and said, "Congratulations, Senior Chief!" I'm pretty sure he was still in shock! In the navy Senior Chief is a really big deal. They say that Senior Chiefs make up 2% of the navy, it is safe to say that not many people make it! I am so proud of my husband, and thankful that God has allowed Marvin's hard work and sacrifices to be rewarded. This throws a wrench in our future plans. It is much harder to throw down Senior Chief for officer than it would have been Chief. But we will not get ahead of ourselves, as we don't even know right now that it will even be a decision we'll have to face. For now, we are just enjoying Marvin's new title!
Waiting for the pinning to begin...
I had the opportunity to pin on one of his new Senior Chief pins. Jose pinned the other!
The newest Senior Chiefs on board the USS Abraham Lincoln
The kids have no idea what all this means, but they approve the cake!
1 comment:
That's so exciting!!! I know you all are so proud of him!
Post a Comment