Thursday, October 1, 2009
At Least I Got Some Boots Out of the Day!
Man, has today ever been a mix of really really good and really really bad! It started out so well. Today, a sweet sweet lady offered to take my children so that I could have a day to get done anything I wanted to do. I dropped the kids off ad got into my van and just breathed. No crying. No screaming. No ever wonderful spitting "rap". Just a cleansing breath!!!!! I made my way to the hair salon and got a hair cut. A real haircut! Not just a quick Walmart trim!!! I will post pictures, but after my evening of cheering on my firstborn at a really cold, wet soccer game, it is not quite as nice as when I left the salon. To quote my wonderfully loving sons tonight, "Why do you have crazy hair?" After that, I wasn't so excited to document this big change. Anyway, after my haircut, I went on the hunt for boots. I've heard that boots are in this autumn. I'm not much on fashion...no, really, it is true;)... but I do have a thing for boots. Not the tall, black, high heeled, fashion kind. I'm talking the cowboy kind. I was overjoyed to know that I might just be able to pull off some cowboy boots in the name of fashion! I was on a mission. One that I was very proud to have accomplished! After my day of breathing, heavenly salon trip, and successful shopping trip I stopped to pick up some groceries. My plan was to drop off the groceries and take Harley for a good long walk. Since it has been so cold and rainy, we haven't gone on a real walk for a couple of days. I walked into the house on top of the world. It certainly came crashing down quickly! As soon as I walked in, I knew something was terribly wrong. I looked down at my feet(remember the ones that I was so happy to find new boots for) and saw a lot of dust and pieces of door frame. I was hoping it had just materialized on our floor. Big messes tend to do that in our house quite often. Sadly, this was not one of those times. Seems Harley REALLY wanted to do a little remodeling for us and apparently wanted to start with the door frame. NICE! I put the dog outside so that I would not beat him with chunks of door frame while I cleaned up the mess. We then went to Petsmart ASAP to get a nice kennel to put in the garage for our handyman dog before he decides to take out a wall. Before anyone thinks badly about my caging our dog, it is one of the best rooms in the house! I only wish that someone would put me in there periodically and we are only gone for very short period of time. He got to try it out tonight during Michael's soccer game. It was cold and wet outside. Let me tell you, these Seattle soccer coaches and parents are devoted to this soccer stuff. I'm just not sure if it is worth sitting in the freezing rain to watch a bunch of 7 year olds chase a soccer ball from one end of the field to the other in one big herd. I mean, for goodness sakes, we don't even keep score, is it really necessary to play games in the freezing rain? Apparently, it is. We bundled up and cheered because I am devoted to my son, even if I am not so devoted to soccer. Thankfully, there was a break in the rain for most of the game. I'm still cold. Boy, does South Carolina weather sound good right about now!!! I am not looking forward to the Washington winter after this preview of coming attractions. Gone are the days of wishing for air conditioning. Here are the days of heaters and winter coats! But, hey, at least I got a great pair of boots!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
We have been seriously thinking about getting a dog. I think I might hold out for just a little longer! :)
What a blessing to find a friend who is willing to give you a nice day off!
Love to the Q's!
Amy
Oh Angel I feel your pain and I too bought a pair of boots to try and compensate for the coming weather. I just can't stand another winter of my feet being constantly cold and slightly wet from my flat shoes and no sock self. Oh South Carolina, where are you?!
Post a Comment