But I kid you not, it is on him not 30 seconds after we walk in the door! He is OBSESSED! I laugh out loud as I tuck in Spider-man every night! Spider-man eats at our table(minus the mask of course, as it was getting pretty messy!). I even get to teach Spider-man on a daily basis! We have gotten rather used to having a mini version of Spider-man in our house, and that thought makes me giggle a little bit! Oh how this special boy brings such joy to this Mama's heart! Who knew that I could ever love Spider-man so very much!
It does not end with Spider-man for our little man, however. He is way more cultured than that! He goes all out for the WHOLE Superhero Squad( a whole squad). The wonderful world of boys growing up has introduced me to a whole world that I had NO idea was out there!!!! Did you know that there is an Iron Man, Falcon, Hulk, Thing, Screaming Mimi. Oh good grief, it just does not end. I love Sam SO much and as proof, I have spent HOURS making up stuff about superheroes. He asks me questions ALL day long. "What is ______'s power?" "How does______ save someone that is falling off a huge building?" "Can ______ fly or do they just jump really high?" And he will not accept I don't know. So, I make things up. I'm in trouble when Abba is home and he asks the same questions. Apparently, my husband knows this world very well and has all the right answers. So, now he asks me the questions and I make up some thorough answer. And then he gives me his big smile and says he'll just ask Abba when he gets home. It started out as my trying to really give answers that might be true. Now that he has figured out that I am NOT the hero expert, I try to get goofy with it. I LOVE being a mom to my boys. The more they grow, the more they become SO different from anything I could have expected(in the greatest possible way!!!!) and I am loving this great new world! I better go tuck Spider-man back under his covers on my way to bed!



2 comments:
SO CUTE :0)
boys are fabulous. Sean is now obsessed with cars and "bad guys" who come to tickle us. Have fun with spidey!! All too soon I hear that they won't want to play with their mommies anymore. Makes me sad just to think about that.
Post a Comment