Sunday, November 22, 2009

Shoes

I just got a request from my Dad and I thought I'd make a need known. It is not for him, but for the people of the Afghan village near his base. The people there are the poorest of poor and have next to nothing as far as material things go. My dad has noticed that the folks that do have shoes only have sandals and that there are very few socks. It is getting cold there in the mountains and he has requested shoes and socks to pass out to those in the village. Now, he is not looking for brand new shoes or socks(although those would be appreciated as well). These people are not materialistic people, but they do have cold feet. If you have shoes lying around or are willing to spend a few dollars at Walmart or even Goodwill, please let me know and I'll get you my dad's address there in Bostick. The biggest need is mens sizes 7-10. Any size will be used without a doubt. The medical team there has taken care of a number of the villagers there and desire to bless these who live such hard and dangerous lives. I know I look all over for things to do in order to teach my children how to bless others, more so during this season. We will be taking this opportunity to do just that. Also, if you are looking for soldiers to bless this season, there are a whole lot of them on Bostick that would love to know that they are not forgotten during the holidays. I'd love to pass on that address if you feel led to do that. Thanks everyone for praying for my dad's safety in a very dangerous place during very dangerous times. 

No comments: