Monday, November 16, 2009

The YELLOW Bus!!!!

I have got to admit that I was so nervous and torn about sending Josh to Preschool. I took him in on his first day so that he would not feel totally and completely abandoned. I saw within an hour that I was not helping. So, I gave him a big hug and told him I'd be back very soon. I tried to get out of the door before I started crying. I slowly made my way to the office to drop off some paperwork, making sure that my eyes were dry before I walked in. After that was done, I peaked in to make sure that Josh was not too upset. He was not looking thrilled to be there, but he was not crying and his teachers were being very attentive. I knew he was in good hands and so I came home. I was at the school 10 minutes early to get him and watched him playing at the playground. He was taking his turn, but he was not looking overly excited about being there. The following day he was scheduled to ride the bus. That changed everything. Josh has loved anything on wheels for a long time and buses top the list! He was SO excited to ride the bus. The fact that it happens to be yellow, which has been his favorite color since he could say the word, just makes it that much better! He gets dressed and eats breakfast asking over and over if it is a bus day. He puts his coat, shoes, and backpack on and stands watch at the front window until the bus comes. He ABSOLUTELY loves riding the bus. He is making a lot of progress with school as well. Not so much AT school, but at home. He has picked up a LOT of language from the speech therapist, although from what I last heard, he has yet to speak a word to the therapist herself. He is obviously listening because the words she is teaching him are being used correctly here at times! He hasn't spoken to any of his classmates as of yet, but he has started playing alongside them and even with them in some instances! That is big progress! I am so glad that he is happy there and that he is making so much progress. Thank goodness for that school buses are yellow!!!!!

Waiting for the school bus to come with great anticipation!!!


Getting buckled in to his seat


The girls really miss their partner in crime.
They start looking for the bus to come home 30 minutes before it actually gets here!


They are both pointing up to the road, showing me where the bus will be coming!

2 comments:

eastandwest said...

I'm so glad Josh is doing well- that must give you great peace that you have made right choices. I love the pics of him waiting for the bus and the girls waiting for him!

The Carters said...

what cute pictures. I'm sure it's still hard to send him off but sounds like he's really doing good!