This is the day that I officially said yes to my future husband!!!! I say officially, because the wedding was half planned and I do believe I had even ordered my dress. The fact was that my man was not rolling in the money and needed to save up for my official engagement ring. Time was of the essence because he would be moving to the other side of the country and we really wanted to be married by then so that I could move too. February 25th, he slipped the $30 clearance ring on my hand in the middle of the mall (surrounded by the solar system and crazy screaming kids at the play area) and we began planning our wedding. We had shopped and I helped pick out the wedding/engagement ring, but he refused to let me just have it. He wanted to come up with a romantic way to give it to me. I was antsy, but patient...mostly! After work, we went to celebrate Cinco de Mayo at our favorite Mexican restaurant. When we were done, Marvin slipped a blindfold on me and put me into the passenger seat of his car. He drove for at least 10 minutes, which felt like forever! When he stopped, he led me to a spot and took the blindfold off. When that blindfold came off, I saw a magnificent sunset over the water at the Lion's bridge. I need to back up here and tell a story, which my husband will be very happy I am revealing! Several months before he hit my radar as perfect husband material, he became an easy target for practical jokes. My good friend, Erin, and I decided to get him good after some big talk on his part. We found out that he had a bit of a crush on Jaci Valasquez and in fact had all of her cds and a picture of them together at one of her concerts. We started this plan and it grew. We got his cds and the picture with a little help (not naming sources) and built a super hero costume. We left a note along with the costume on his doorstep which said Jaci was in our custody and if he wanted her back, he would have to come to the Lion's bridge as "Qman" and rescue her. He showed up with most of the costume on and we laughed hysterically and returned his Jaci items unharmed. Fast forward to the romantic scene once again. He took my hand and said that he had come to that spot to retrieve the woman of his dreams and that he had found her in the process. MELT me right there! He then asked me to marry him and of course I said yes, in between happy sobs! I thought that I was in love with him then, but it was only a fraction of what I feel for him now! I have been blessed to find God's perfect fit for me. I would not just say yes today, knowing everything I know now, I would scream it!
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment