Sunday, July 5, 2009

Proud to be an American!

Independence Day is tops on my favorite holiday list. It is funny, I grew up a military brat, having to stop and face the flag at 4pm everyday when the national anthem played throughout the base as all things came to a screeching halt to pay honor to our country. I grew up with a dad in the military and married a man in the military. The funny thing is, I really had no appreciation for the freedom we have or the pride that should be in every single citizen of this country like no other. That all changed when I had Michael. I'm not sure why, except that maybe becoming a mother makes one more sappy all around. But I cannot listen to our national anthem, or any other patriotic song without being moved to tears(except maybe Yankee Doodle!). I cannot glance at our flag without being filled with pride. I am so proud of my husband, father, brother, and many friends for their service to our country! I truly love America. I am scared for her right now, but love her greatly. I love the parades, services, fireworks, BBQs, gathering with friends. I love it all! I was sad to miss my favorite service of the year at Charleston Baptist Church. I know exactly what went on as it is the same every year and I was there in spirit. (If anything changed this year, please don't tell me!!!).

We went to my good friend Danielle's house for a BBQ on the 4th. We had such a great time. The weather was beautiful, the kids got wet(and stayed wet!) and messy(and stayed messy!) and we all had such fun. When we got home last night, all of them crashed without even a peep! That is an amazing feat! They wore themselves out! I forgot my camera at the house so I didn't get a picture of the family dressed for the Independence Day service at church. By the time I got the camera, the little ones had found a left over puddle from the day before and got soaked. That's okay, we'll be patriotic again soon and I'll get a picture then!

Abby

Josh

Josh LOVING the slip and slide!

Josh and Michael

Sarah playing in ice

Sarah and Abby

This is what my little angels found in 30 seconds flat! TROUBLE!!!!!!
I love how little Michael is looking on just knowing that trouble is coming!



Abby and Josh

Sarah

Josh and Abby

Uh-Oh, wet pants are hard to pull up!

No comments: