Saturday, November 14, 2009
Yucky germs!
I know I said I'd keep up last time I wrote...and then Michael got the flu. They say it was H1N1, but then said they no longer are testing for it, just fitting the symptoms to the diagnosis. Call me crazy, but that does not sound very scientific to me!!!! The bug we all got last year was worse than this one and H1N1 was not the answer then. I've never been overly trusting of the medical community, the media, or the government anyway, but to be told that they aren't even testing for it anymore makes me wonder how an epidemic can be justified when they are lumping everything with a cough, sore throat and fever as H1N1. Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox now, sorry, I got carried away there ;)! Whatever it was that Michael had, we were in the ER and the doctor's office twice last week. The ER because his fever was spiraling out of control and at 104.6, I no longer felt comfortable treating it at home as it was not responding to Motrin or Tylenol. I'm wishing I had just waited another hour, or just taken him for a walk because by the time we got to the ER it was no longer going up. They double dosed him and within an hour, it was down to 102.8. We waited for 5 hours before we were seen. The doctor looked him over, told us to come back if he got worse or if his fever went away and then came back. So, we got home around 1:30am feeling rather silly for having wasted so much time for nothing. We just took it easy and forced a bunch of fluid. He was feeling much better and was fever free by Sunday. We took a deep breath in hopes that no one else got it now that Michael was done. Overnight Michael woke with a new high fever and a really nasty cough. I called to make him an appointment first thing Monday morning. The Dr looked him over really well and had his chest x-rayed which was clear. However, with the fever going away and coming back they always fear a secondary infection. Because Michael has been prone to Sinus infections, he was put on antibiotics. After 3 doses, Michael was good to go! No more fever, he is finally eating again, and he was acting much more like normal. I am so thankful that it was not spread within our home! I contribute that to prayer, lots of vitamins, and our juicer(in that order!). Who no how long it will be before the next illness tries to invade our home, but we are enjoying every healthy minute we have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
So glad you all are germ free! Hopefully you'll be rid of germs for a long time :)
Post a Comment