It's not me Monday! time again!!!! I missed last week, but I have some whoppers this week. It is fun, you really should join in! Hop over to MckMama's blog and jump in with your own Not Me Monday! post!
I did not allow my children to stay in their pajamas all day for several days in an attempt to save me laundry. Even if we have been snowed in for days with no hope of driving anywhere, I surely wouldn't encourage pajama parties for 3 whole days! And I certainly did NOT allow my 4 and 6 year olds to play in the snow in their pajamas, even with coats and boots on, that wouldn't be appropriate!
I did not break out a few Christmas presents early in hopes that I could find a few minutes of peace from the chaos that is our house! Good thing I procrastinated on the wrapping!!!!
I did not get dressed in my formal attire for our Christmas party in our van just miles away from the resort in hopes that our children would not slime me on the way out the door! I did not, in this process, snag the knee of my pantyhose on the velcro of the coat laying on the front seat. Darn things! I certainly did not just shrug and wear them anywhere, that wouldn't be very formal!
During our first date night in over 2 months, we did not get the biggest thrills of the night by going up to the second floor to spy on our cuties. I did not wish I could stand in the hallway of the resort all night enjoying our kids from a distance without being pulled, prodded or screamed at! And I certainly did not laugh at the childcare providers when my sweet Abby girl continuously stood up at the formal dining table to play peekaboo with the table behind her! What were they thinking?!
I have not procrastinated our Christmas cards until just days before Christmas, hoping that I can get them out sometime before the New Year. Why would I do that? I'm not busy or anything!
I am not enjoying the sounds of laughter this very minute as my boys make a huge mess of cushions and pillows to do flips from my chair. After all, the joy and laughter so outweighs the mess it follows! Well, at least until someone starts crying.
I feel much better now!



No comments:
Post a Comment