Friday, December 5, 2008

Our crazy life!

So, this post is gonna be all over the place! Sorry in advance, but that is just our life right now! I figured it would be fun to highlight our last few days for you! So, here it is in a nutshell!

Josh is no longer in underpants. It was just too much for his OCD self right now. And to be honest I'm kinda happy to put a diaper back on his cute little bottom. I cannot begin to count the number of socks I went through "finding" accidents on the floor! My potty philosophy is to wait until they are ready. Michael was 3, Sam was barely 2. I did nothing to potty train them, they just decided it was time and we probably had 3 accidents total. So, when there are more puddles on the floor than flushes of the potty in a day, we take a step back. He is way happier and although he talks about his underpants with great adoration, when I ask if he wants to put them on, his answer is "I don't want them, I want my diaper." Yes, the whole sentence, so a diaper it is!


We got haircuts! The boys love this and Michael is sporting a new spike style. After haircuts, I thought we better tackle Christmas card pictures(I've been avoiding this with a vengeance!), since I got a new camera to do it! Well, I got them all dressed up in their coordinating outfits, did their hair and put them all in front of the tree. The funny thing is that I thought I would get a few to choose from. Of 59 pictures, only 2 were decent, and I wouldn't even call those great! In the end, I'm happy. You can see each of their little selves in the picture and you can hardly tell that I was behind the camera bribing them with marshmallows to sit and smile! So funny.

We are working on our "family" tree this week. The fancy tree upstairs is off limits to little hands(although I've found several toys in the branches thrown from a distance, anything to get around the no touch rule!). Anyway, we have been working hard on homemade ornaments and crafts to hang on our fake tree downstairs, where we really live! It has been a lot of fun, and may I say quite an adventure!

I'm getting ready for my parents' visit. Grandpop has been telling the boys on the phone about a present he is bringing. Of course, that has caused quite the excitement here. This morning Sam was helping me with laundry and this was our conversation:

SAM- "Grandpop said he is brining us a special surprise!"

ME- "Yes, I know, isn't that exciting! What do you think your surprise might be? (I already know, and he is going to flip!)

SAM(after a few quiet moments)- "I think he is gonna chase us, and get us, and wrestle with us!! That would be the best surprise ever!"

ME- "I think that is the best surprise ever!

I am SO glad that in the midst of all the holiday hype going on around them, that they still put time with loved ones at the top and not a toy they saw at Target yesterday! It made my heart sing. Of course, I was brought down just a little when, while in the toy section at Walmart he requested one of these, one of these, and some of those! One battle at a time!

Okay, I have a lot more to write about, it has been a crazy week, but it is time to feed my guys! I'll be back later, and with pictures!

Before I go, if you have been praying for Hazel with us, go check out her blog! She has been healed completely! Thanks God. I am now praying that God will do a miraculous work and show Himself in their family, as they are not believers. I will be praying for that Spiritual healing in their lives as much as the physical one demonstrated by the very hand of God in little Hazel this week!

No comments: