Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wow has this last couple of weeks flown by!!!! I can't believe we are less than a week before Christmas!!!! Marvin got home early Thursday afternoon. He had to pry his car door open with an ax that is in his trunk(why does he have an ax in his trunk? Well, doesn't everyone?). He was chipping away the ice from his windshield with the same ax when a kind soul let him borrow a windshield scrapper. He made it home through the ice and snow, 6 inches of it!!! We got all fancy and went to his ship's Christmas party that evening. It was at a casino resort and they had childcare for the kids. So, we piled everyone in the car and away we went. I left my diamond earrings hiding in the RV when we parked it, so we decided to go by there to get them before we hit the party. It would have been a good idea, except that the driveway had not been plowed yet and it had quite a bit of drift in front. Marvin tried to get in and ended up stuck, so he got out in his nice suit and dress shoes and took off on foot in search of the earrings. He came back about five minutes later looking pretty cold, but with earrings in hand. The only problem, we were still stuck. He tried to power through it, but the van was more stubborn than he. So, I got in the driver's seat in my formal attire while he pushed from the back. After a few minutes of lots of laughter and shooting snow, we managed to get out and headed toward the party. We had a really good time. At one point we checked on the kids. They were eating happily...in a fancy dining room. They had beautiful place settings and tablecloth and cloth napkins and fine china! The girls and other babies looked SO funny sitting there, their eyes barely seeing over the table. It was certainly a sight, but they were loving it. We weren't billed for damages, so I guess they pulled off their first ever formal dinner. I'm sure it was quite a shock to the girls who have rarely even seen a plastic plate, the highchair tray is what they most often eat from. It was quite the experience for everyone. Our dinner was delicious and I was able to meet several of the people that work for my hubby and that he works for as well. It was fun to finally be able to put a face with the names! We thought we'd check out the casino to see what it was all about, neither of us had ever been in one before. We were not real impressed and were quickly overcome with the cigarette smoke! YUCK!!!! We could not figure out the draw to this place, different strokes for different folks I guess. We got the kids just before 9 and headed home but with waiting for the ferry, we didn't get home until almost 11pm. The kids were in shock I think, but man did they ever sleep in. I went to the doctor the next morning yet again. So far, still not sure what is going on. All the tests so far have come back normal and yet I am still losing. My doctor has consulted with the other doctors at this hospital about me and they came up with a few more things to test for. I'm starting to know the workers in the lab, pretty sad. So, they took more blood and I peed in yet another plastic cup. We'll see if this bears any answers for me. As it stands right now, I'm to go back during the week after Christmas to do a weight check and go over the newest test results. I'm listening to my boys wrestling with my most wonderful husband right now. They are downstairs and I LOVE that sound of joy and happiness! I sure do love my family, I am so very blessed! Pictures to come later today!!!!!

1 comment:

The Carters said...

I wish there was a picture of the kids in the formal dining room :)