I cannot believe that my baby girls are 2!!!! I'm still trying to figure out how that happened! I still remember sitting in my OB's office as she was reminding me to breathe and telling me everything was gonna be okay as I stared in disbelief at the ultrasound screen! I remember feeling like I just got the wind knocked out of me. So many emotions wrapped in just a moment of time. Excitement, FEAR, joy, FEAR, relief, FEAR...but most of all, overwhelming love as I watched those 2 little heartbeats on the screen. It is amazing to me how fast I fell in love with these two little people even before I had any idea of who they were going to be! I remember the day they were born. I was SO scared to have a c-section, scared they were not going to be okay. I remember the relief as I heard both girls crying and got to see them face to face before they were scooped away to NICU. I remember the panic when they said Sarah was not doing well and could not breathe on her own. The fear, frustration, and helplessness of not being able to be with my baby girl as she was being placed on the ventilator while I was tied to the bed and drugged up big time. I remember the great nursing students who helped me through the birth and how they took pictures of my little ladies and came to tell me every detail about them, down to their little fingers and toes. How they encouraged me that Sarah would be okay. I bet they are really nurses by now, and I hope they are just as tenderhearted to their patients as they were to me that day. I remember the first time I got to hold Abigail. She was a feisty little thing, putting those big babies in the step down nursery to shame at feeding time! I remember seeing Sarah, not able to hold her because of the wires, IVs and oxygen. I stood for an hour just whispering and stroking her tiny head as she stared into my eyes. I honestly don't remember much of their first 8 weeks or so...except that I learned what it meant to be drop dead tired for the first time ever! It all seems like just yesterday...I am still trying to figure out how 2 years fit between the then and now, but they sure have. I remember wondering how on earth we were gonna get through it...but we have! It wasn't always graceful or pretty, but here we are and I am loving every minute of it!
Marvin's mom(Lola) and her husband(Grandpa Al) came up from California for the weekend to celebrate with us. We had such a good visit with them! We had a quiet party with just the family and a few friends. It was very nice. Since we now have 2 2year olds, we did a tutu party. Let me tell you, since the moment I knew we were having twin girls, I was planning this party!!! How fun!
We opened presents first thing in the morning, first glimpse...

Abby and her birthday baby

Sarah is taking her baby for a walk in the twin stroller that Granny and Grampop sent

Abby feeding her baby

Abby feeding her baby in the stroller...can you tell Abby likes to eat?

Sarah peeking from time out(she liked the stroller a bit too much!)
"I'm sorry" hugs

Abby looking cool in her shades from Lola and Grandpa Al

Sarah's walking in style!

Abby is a cool mama!

cool chick

practicing with candles before the party

Abby is not so sure about fire

Sarah blows them out quick

Abby just glared at them until her brothers helped

sweet girls in their tutus

sharing food

Sarah is loving the birthday song
(the cakes had an unfortunate accident with the girls' fingers...gotta love a 2 year old!)

Abby is even smiling this time!

blow them out...

Abba to the rescue!

Abby stops for some Abba cuddles

Grandpa Al gets sweet snuggles

tired girls with Grandpa Al

Sarah asks Abby to go for a walk...

Abby drags Grandpa Al along for the stroll

sweet

tired girls stopping for a Noggin break before bath time
mesmerized

looking a bit shell shocked. They were SO tired.
2 comments:
Such cute pictures! I love their shirts and tutus!
beautiful pics!
Post a Comment