Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Josh man
I thought it was about time to do an update on our diet and let you all know how Josh is doing! We are still following our gluten free, organic, raw milk diet. It is going very well. We found the jackpot for gluten free snacks at, of all places, Toys R Us! Who would have guessed! But we are very happy to have a bigger variety of snacks to choose from! The kids have not complained at all, in fact I'm not sure they really know that anything is different. Their food is always gluten free, but it is there and they can eat it whenever they are hungry. We also found organic suckers that are colored with different fruits and veggies, so no dyes(that we stay away from). The kids are all excited to have candy sometimes again! I'm still Diet Coke free. It is the longest I've ever gone without when I'm not preggers. I must say, I'm feeling much better and have tons more energy!!!! And, I'm even happier to tell you that Josh is doing so so good! He still has Autistic characteristics, but he is making huge progress. He is not only communicating with us, he is actually initiating spontaneous conversation!!!! He is also driving his brothers and sisters insane! You may not think that a good thing, but we do ;)! For a long time, he did not even acknowledge them. So, poking at them is a very good thing! This week he is driving me crazy getting into things that are just plain naughty. Including getting children's motrin from the top of my dresser and sharing it with the girls. Not good...but thankfully the nice lady at Poison Control said they would be fine...and they were. He is getting into trouble in the world around him...not stuck so much in his own! Don't get me wrong, there are many times he is there, but he is making a LOT of progress. I'm convinced that it is mostly because so many people are covering my little man in prayers, and I am so grateful for that. We plan on getting him screened again when the schoolyear starts so that we can see how much progress has been made, we are very encouraged. Please keep praying for him and for us as we have a lot of decisions that need to be made very soon!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
that's wonderful news! so glad things are going well :)
Michal here, absolutely THRILLED about your little troublemaker! It sure looks like the practical changes you've made and God's grace are wonderfully effective. Praise Him!
And hot! hot! hot! weather?! Oh, my! It's been CRAZY hot! Your kids are so cute and active. The girls' little bathing suits are darling! My son really loves to dress up his three year old daughter. She has the cutest little bathing suit with cherries on it. McKenzie, the six year old, is jumping off the diving board in her swim class. I wish I was sophisticated enough to build a blog and have pictures, too.
Summer fun! I'm so glad you're full of energy.
wonderful news!!!!
That makes my day! We will keep the prayers coming! Miss seeing those sweet faces!
Post a Comment