Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween 2009

We have been ready for Halloween for months since I found little Ladybug costumes on sale at the Gymboree Outlet during the summer. They have been hanging up in my closet since then and Sarah has thrown many fits because I wouldn't let her wear it to Walmart or church. The boys were not so easy. Up to this year, I have picked their cute costumes and they all followed a theme. It was apparent that this year I was no longer in control and cute was not gonna happen! However, the boys received Army uniforms from Grandpop for Christmas this last year. They were very excited to get to dress up just like their favorite hero! At the last minute, I could not find Michael's shirt. He is the kid that loses EVERYTHING. We have a shoe hunt every time we leave the house. That is okay though, because Grandpop had also sent the squadron's tee shirt and he was more than happy to wear that instead. Unfortunately, Marvin was on duty(at work all night) and so I had 5 kids alone at the Harvest Festival. Not terrible, we've done a lot of things on our own. We got there pretty early so that we could beat the crowds. The kids were super cute and were so excited to play. Just inside the door to the game room was a clown making balloon shapes. Sarah looked at him and all fun was over for her. She has a MAJOR phobia of funny faces(if you recall the pumpkin face...). She started screaming like the clown might just stab her to death with the balloon sword he was making. She calmed down for a minute while I carried her away but the room was filled with people in face paint and masks. NOT fun, she was plastered to my shoulder. Abby was not scared but the reaction from Sarah made her pretty nervous too. Needless to say, we didn't stay long. They were really cute for the short time it lasted!

Sarah was SO excited about her costume that she ran through the house yelling, "Buzzzzzzzzzzzz, bee, Mama!"
confused but oh so cute!


Abby was much more ladybug like


getting ready to go into the church
 

 

The nursery director, Dawn( Sarah's favorite person ever!) took the girls for a few minutes so that I could play with the boys for a bit.
 

Sam's face painting
 

Josh was not sure exactly what they were doing...
 

...but he likes it!
 

Michael playing basketball
 

Josh man wanted a turn
 

I think he might just have a future here!
 

I thought a candy distraction might help...
a ladybug picnic


Josh riding a cool motorcycle.
Sarah went bazerk like it was gonna eat him. It was time to leave!
 

Sarah is MUCH happier at home...
 

Abby posing for me
 

Best buddies
 

Josh man!
 

Sweet Abbygirl
 

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

Your kids are SOOO darling! The girls are so girly and the boys are so macho! One of my sons had a CLOWN phobia, too. I have three kids and he was the only one who had this reaction but I've learned that lots of kids and even adults HATE clowns. Little ones don't know the difference between fantasy and reality and there is NO reasoning with them. Kyle first got upset about clowns at a parade when he was about 16 months old. When he was two, the family went to a clown birthday party. He was freaked out so I took him into a quiet bedroom with his dad. As his dad held him, I smeared a bit of green paint on daddy's nose, thinking that this would convince Kyle that it was safe. Poor baby FLEW into my arms, still terrified.

He grew up...joined the Marines, was an air traffic controller at Quantico, ended up in Kyrgyzstan supporting the war in Afghanistan. Now my little grandson is saying "Grandma, do you want a baby?" "No, honey, I'm very happy having a wonderful grandson like you." You'll hear this over and over but it's SOOO true: time flies. Every day with little ones is long and sometimes the nights are longer but the years pass quickly.

I'll let you fly...
"Buzzzzzzzzzzzz, bee, Mama!"