Sarah's attempt at helping me by getting herself dressed!
Notice her jammies still on, dress backwards and one arm through the neck!
Notice her jammies still on, dress backwards and one arm through the neck!
At least these guys are dressed correctly!
We left promptly at noon. The girls fell asleep on the way to Sonic(PERFECT!). That is about where the perfection ended, however. We were all so excited to eat Sonic, talking about it all the way there. We found it and drove into the parking lot, behind a line of about 4 other cars. The place was FULL, but we figured 4 cars wouldn't take too long. There was a woman sticking post it notes onto our windshield as we pulled up and she directed us through this little dirt path. When the path opened up, it allowed us to see a holding area where I kid you not, there were at least 20 other cars lined up in ropes and orange cones. It was CRAZY!!!!!! Crazier yet...Josh was in real underwear! Yep, I am COMPLETELY crazy! So, I took a couple pictures of our crazy predicament and took all three boys to the potty. We then just hung out in the car until it was finally our turn to move. Which was not as long as I had expected it to be!
The post it we got when we pulled into the parking lot...1:22pm
The inside of our vehicle wasn't anywhere near as organized...
Maybe I should take some pointers from the Sonic traffic crew!
We got there after lots of road songs and "fun" times. With 5 kids that were ready to run! They were all excited to see their old home away from home. They went straight for the toy box and touched everything in it, you know, before spreading each and every toy ALL over the camper I had spent hours cleaning before we parked it last winter! They played some and ran a little and just were generally excited to be unrestrained while I moved the car seats over and Marvin hitched the van to the back. Then, it was back on the road. It was getting ugly until we turned the mid drive movie on and Bambi kept everyone quiet the rest of our trip home. We had never been to the storage place, only talked to them on the phone. The brochure says, "easy access to highway, away from major streets for privacy". Sounds good, right. What they mean is, "drive up one lane roads over steep, curvy hills and hope you make it here alive!" Once we got there, we were just happy to be there. Parked it, transferred seats back into the van and fed my starving children cookies for dinner at almost 8pm while I filled out paperwork and paid for our spot. Somehow even the simple things become adventures for our family. I guess that is just the way we roll!
Abby was in slight shock after our adventure...
she looks about how I felt!
she looks about how I felt!



2 comments:
This sounds like one of our adventures! Take them while you can and enjoy the scenery along the way!
I think I would do the same thing. I love Sonic!
Post a Comment