Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Unknown

Josh had the first appointment of many in finding out his diagnosis this afternoon. The Pediatrician agrees that he is in need of further developmental testing. He meets the criteria they use to send him on to the next step. They have a new Developmental Pediatrician on staff and our Pediatrician said she is really good. His referral is making its way through Tricare as I type and I can make that appointment on Friday. He said the wait to get in should not be too long, hopefully that is correct! When I described some behaviors that he has been having, the DR was concerned that he is having Absence seizures and wanted to do an EEG right away. He walked us down to the EEG clinic, but the tech was literally on her way out the door. So, she set up an appointment for tomorrow at 1pm. I was caught a bit off guard by this suddenness. I have worked through the word Autism, but the seizure word is a whole new ball game. I panicked slightly when he said it, like saying, yes, he has brown eyes. Oh, yes, it sounds like he has had a seizure. WHAT!!!!! He assured me that seizures are not uncommon in children, that it could just be one of those childhood things. But, whenever a child has presented with a possible seizure, they need to rule out some things. Thankfully, it hasn't happened for several days, so hopefully that is good news. Please pray that the EEG goes well tomorrow. When we walked into the room today for weight and temp, he FREAKED, wouldn't even step on the scale. We finally had to fight him onto the baby scale, kicking and screaming. It was bad. He allowed the DR to look at him and talk to him(although he refused to look even in his general direction!), but when the doctor tried to touch him, you would have thought we were strapping him down to cut off his limbs one by one! It was crazy. I have already started talking the EEG up tomorrow. He LOVES stickers, so I am hoping if I can convince him the leads are magic stickers we can do this. Please pray for an easy test! I love this boy! I am much more at peace tonight, which is really odd, since an extra bunch was piled onto our plate today. I can feel your prayers, the unexplainable peace that comes from knowing that we are being carried by the very hands that made everything that is. Thank You, Father, for wrapping us in your love and grace during this crazy time! I trust You with it all, thank You for taking my fears and giving me peace in their stead!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Praying for all of you today.

Ellen said...

Praying for you today.