Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quick Josh Update

I just wanted to let you all know that I SO appreciate your prayers for my little man...and his Mommy! The Developmental office called yesterday as they had received his paperwork and we could schedule his appointment. I held my breath, as the wait in Charleston was 2+months. We have an initial appointment/evaluation in just 2 weeks! How awesome is that? In the mean time, we are making some drastic changes around here. We have begun the switch to our all natural lifestyle! It is kinda fun...for a while anyway, we'll see if it makes a difference. I'm hoping it will really help with my joint pain and Michael's constipation issues as well. Now, don't go panicking on me, I am not turning into one of those crazy people who lives in a cave in the backyard refusing to interact with the world outside! We are just trying to be the healthiest that we can possibly be! I also want everyone to know that I am not saying that food in itself has caused Josh's issues. However, we really do not have any clue as to what causes Autism(or whatever it is that causes his issues), and I, as his mother, HAVE got to DO something. I cannot just sit and watch it happen. It could help, or it could not, but we will not be any worse off even if it doesn't work! We will all be healthier for the changes we are making right now! The hardest thing for me to give up? Diet Coke!!!!!!!! I am slightly attached to that little silver can. It will be slow going, but my goal is to be completely off of it by June 15th. There, now I have some accountability. I am really at peace with everything right now, although I'm not sure that will be an everyday occurance. I'm sure, especially on the hard days, that things won't be so positive, but even on those days, I have no doubt that I am loved by an awesome and crazy beautiful God...and somehow that makes everything else eaiser to handle! AND I know that Josh is loved by the same awesome and crazy beautiful God...and that makes this journey a little bit less scary! Thank you all for your prayers! He is doing amazingly well compared to where we were just a few weeks ago!

No comments: