Monday, May 25, 2009

SUNSHINE!!!!!


We have been BUSY this week enjoying the sunshine! What a BEAUTIFUL week...sunny and in the 70s. I might cry if it starts raining again! But, we've all had a blast while it has lasted! Doing what?! Well, we have built outdoor furniture from a box, got a BBQ and used it TONS! Invested in fishing poles which Michael and Sam have spent hours casting(hookless) from our deck. I cannot count the number of times I've had to dislodge it from the neighbor's tree!


Sarah trying her hand at fishing!

On Saturday, we moved the Q train(our RV) to this side of the water so that we can use it this summer! I've got a whole other post of that great adventure coming soon! I have also spent quite a bit of this week researching things we can start doing in order to help Josh(and make us all healthier!). We are in the process of making the switch to a whole new lifestyle. Our goal is to eat foods as close to how God made them as possible. This means no sugar, starches, or processed foods. I already buy mostly organic, but we're taking it one step further in eating way less processed foods. Part of this change is giving up Pasteurized dairy. I've done a lot of research and I am hoping this switch in and of itself can make a big difference. I have found a local farm where I can buy the raw milk from and plan to get some tomorrow and start our switch. Marvin thinks I might be turning into a Washingtonian, I am just trying to find things that I can tangibly do to give Josh the best possibility for him! If this doesn't work, we'll chock it up to another adventure. If it does, what an easy way to accomplish it! If you are interested in doing some research for yourself, let me know! I'd be happy to send you to some links that I have felt a huge help!

The other day, while I was looking for clean clothes for the girls to wear(it was a fun day outside!), everyone followed me except Sarah. I could hear her singing to herself, and could tell the area she was in, and so I left her alone. I changed Abby's clothes and then started down the stairs to change Sarah. Half way down the steps, I called out, "Sarah, what are you doing?" She answered me, "I'm making a sarndwich, Mama!" A sarndwich? What she meant was sandwich! The boys had made themselves peanut butter and jelly for snack and left the fixings on the table. Sarah worked really hard on making herself one!

Very proud of her sarndwich!

Her response when I asked her where she got her sandwich
(she's pointing in the bread bag!)

I told her it was a big mess, I think she was a bit offended by that!

2 comments:

James 1:27 Family said...

Angel - I wanted to let you know that we have been drinking raw milk for a few months now and love it! Unfortunately, raw milk is illegal in our state so we have to quit the milk coop (that drives 3 hours to the next state to buy the milk legally) in order to stay in good graces as foster parents. Bummer! Anyway, I hope this works wonderfully for you! Have you read "The Maker's Diet?" This book was a huge help to us and talks about eating foods God's way. I'll continue to keep you all in our prayers! Love you! Amy

Ann said...

Angel,
Enjoy the fresh produce and whole foods. But.... be wary of the hype. Consider taking the time to read " Autisms false prophets". It taught me a lot they don't teach in medical school!