Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

Here I am, at the end of another Mother's Day. I cannot believe all that God has blessed me with in the last 7 years! I complain, I get tired, I worry incessantly, I laugh my head off, I beam with pride. It is AMAZING how many emotions can come from just one title...Mama! I am in awe of all of my blessings, I take not one of them for granted! I watch them and think about how they are the same and yet so very different, I wonder how God is going to work and lead them in their lives. They teach me so much about my own relationship with my Savior and how to love with abandon!!!

Marvin has been on duty all day today, so we celebrated Mother's Day yesterday. First he let me sleep in until 9:15, at which point I was awoken with a parade(yes, LITERALLY!) and lots of loving! We decided that we needed to take advantage of the first sunny day in as long as I can remember! So, we headed to the zoo. We got McDonald's on the way in and had a picnic there in the grass. The kids had a blast climbing a statue and then we were off on our adventure. How great it was to share a day like this with Marvin, he is so often gone during our adventures. Once we saw all the animals, we headed downtown. My hubby was gonna take us out to the Melting Pot. We got there, and quickly realized that we are NOT Melting Pot people! We didn't make a reservation and the earliest they could get us a table was like 9pm. Oh well, maybe next year! We ended up on a wild goose chase for somewhere to eat that would not be more work for me than fun. We ended up at IHOP...that is more our style. We just had to laugh several times, as Sarah used her pancake as a dump truck for her eggs, shuttling them off her plate and then back again. Abby had the biggest blowout in history and we were laughing so hard we were crying...I'm thinking even IHOP might be too good for us at this stage! We made it home, my plan was for a night uploading/editing pictures of our day while Marvin did bath time and got everyone in bed. However, we walked into an ant infestation! I never really noticed all the crumbs on my floor until I crawled around smashing TONS of HUGE ants...and I mean HUGE! I vacuumed up the entire house, and every ant I could find! Then I sat on ant death row and zapped them every time they made their way through the gap in the floor where they were all coming from. Marvin ran out to get some Borax to feed the buggers their last supper of poisoned sugar. While I sat on the floor sucking up every ant that dared come into my house! I'm pretty sure I won(at least this round!). Marvin brought me home flowers and Ambrosia salad along with the Borax, I have such a great husband! Then he mopped while I cleaned out the Guinea Pig cage. They had spit chewed up food all over, I guess it was an all out food fight by the looks of it! To end my night, to ring in Mother's Day at 12:16am, I was greeted by yet another Abby blow out! Poor girl, those antibiotics are hard on her little tummy! Way to start the day!!!! It got better from there though! I spent the entire day enjoying my children! You know, among the feeding, cleaning, shopping, bathing, tucking in! It really doesn't get any better than this!


Sarah REALLY wanting to follow the big boys!

Michael man

Sam!

Michael and Sam

Josh and Abby are still chowing!

My most wonderful, handsome hubby!

Sarah trying to look cool

Abby, thinking it is hilarious to be up...um...maybe...

The ground is better, she is chasing Sarah, who stole her juice box

Sarah decides to share...which is nice...since it IS Abby's juice box!
They have been a lot better about fighting lately though!!!!

After Sarah ran off with the juice again, Josh comes to the rescue with his own juice.
This was HUGE for him these last few days...he saw the need and helped with no prompting!

Sam, my monkey, in front of the monkey...
If there is something to be on, Sam is on it in 10 seconds flat!

Abby LOVES the sharks in the aquarium! She was SO funny to watch!

Abby, deciding to venture into the Hippo...be VERY cautious!

This picture cracks me up! Not ONE set of eyes...what are the odds of that? You'd think my chances would be fairly high just by shear number of eyes, but not ONE!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Your kids are adorable! Looks like a fun day!