I had a post started all about our CRAZY adventure(or nightmare) in the ER, but I think I'll just leave it alone. We all survived, albeit traumatized, and left(although we were starting to think we might have been taken hostage!)with 5 antibiotics in hand. Thankfully by the next evening, the fevers were gone(thank you, Amoxicillin) and we are now recovering from our yucks!!!!! I will say that I pray my life will never be in the hands of the doctors at the Bremerton Naval Hospital Emergency room. The way they handled 5 fevers did not leave me with much hope that they could save my life if I was in need! So, I will just pray that we are never in that situation and chock our crazy night there as yet another adventure! Today I am writing as I listen to my boys laughing hysterically, a sound that has been long missing in this sick house! On Friday we had a great impromptu visit with my old friend Erin. Not that she is old...it has just been a LONG time since I've seen her! It was just what the doctor ordered for this stressed out, crazy mama!!! She spent the night Friday and the day on Saturday and then had to head home to her hubby. They live in Portland. We had such a good time, remembering the old days, singing Sweet Talkin Woman, talking for hours, just catching up. It was great! Erin, if you see this, WE LOVE YOU, GIRL! And, thank you, James, for sharing her with us!
Saturday we made our first outting from our house in over a week(other than the ER, but I'm trying to block that one out entirely!). Where else, but to Costco. We were out of milk...and diapers! Yes, because I am NOT supermom, we have spent the entire week in disposables and went through an entire box! NOW I remember why we use cloth! Josh has regressed in his potty time. Thankfully he is still pooping in the potty, but he is in Pull Ups because he is wetting all the time. He drinks A LOT! Normally I limit it somewhat, so he is not peeing constantly! Since he got sick, he has access to water all day long and, man, does that boy drink! Hopefully, once we get back into the normal swing of things, he'll get better at staying dry. I dispise pull ups, but right now I will do what I gotta do! I must say, I am so impressed by him during this sickness. Usually, when Josh is sick or hurting, he just shuts down. He stops interacting and communicating. This time he did not do that. He was sick and tired like everyone else, but he was present with us. I think this is HUGE and I really pray that it continue to improve as much as he has in this last year.
We are having a beautifully sunny day today! We had several of them while we were sick, but missed out on them. So, I am hoping to take advantage of it today. The kids are still not themselves. They get tired really quickly and need lots of extra naps, but I am so glad that while they are awake, they are happy! I have missed my babies, I am so glad to be catching glimpses of them once again!
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
So glad you guys are on the mend! I can't imagine the ER with 5 kids... even in a good hospital that sounds bad :) hoping you guys stay ER free for years to come!
So glad everyone is on the mend! Did you worry that you had the swine flu? Did you see the picture of the girl kissing the pig on Brent's blog? My boys would SO do that!
God is so good. He is the only Healer. Thank you for healing the sweet Q's!
Love to you all!
Amy
Post a Comment