So many thoughts I'd love to get out of my head, but somehow, it is hard for it to happen? It is hard to take all the mommy hopes, fears, confusion, love, sadness, and joy and untangle them enough to make them make sense to anyone else. As this week goes by, that has been my problem. One minute I'm fine, I can laugh and enjoy fun, and then the next minute I just start bawling. Tomorrow afternoon, I will be taking Josh to the start of what is sure to be a TON of appointments to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am a bundle of emotions right now. There have been some moments in the last few days that give me much hope and others that terrify me beyond what I could have ever imagined. I will try to post a video at the end of the boys learning karate from Marvin(who thinks he is a ninja, bless his heart!). He went through the same routine of stances, punches and kicks several times. This is right up Josh's ally. The boy thrives on repetition, he always has. He joined in and did awesome. More than being able to join in the physical movements, he was really, thoroughly enjoying himself. He is also starting to pick back up in his potty training, at least partially. I guess all together, I am hopeful that he will be okay, even if I have to reconfigure what that means in my mind. I am so glad to see him trying to be a part of us again. As I am writing things down for the doctor tomorrow, I am realizing that these behaviors have been presenting his entire life, he has displayed "autistic tendencies" for as long as I can remember, he was being treated for these even up until we left Charleston. He made huge progress during this time. He has made consistent progress, but those tendencies never went away, we just got used to them. This last week was scary and we need to figure out what on earth causes these episodes, but I am hopeful at the moment as we see our Josh peeking through more and more. I know that God is going to work in this, I know that He will care for us through this. I may need to be reminded of this several times on this journey, if you don't mind! Thank you guys for showing me how much my little guy means and for encouraging me during this time. I don't know what I'd do without you all, you have been the arms of Christ, and I have felt the hugs this week. Please continue to pray for my boy and his family!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sending you lots of hugs today!!! Praying that the Dr appointment this afternoon gives you some of the answers you need to help Josh and some answers as to what is going on his mind. You are a great mom and God has entrusted his precious life to you and Marvin for a reason!! Hang in there girl!!!
Praying for wisdom for you and Marvin in choosing doctors and therapists! Praying that you will have peace about this even though you don't understand. Love you all!
Post a Comment