Friday, April 3, 2009

Slackin'

My blog has been somewhat neglected the past couple of weeks. Between my mom's visit and the two girls that have decided to start the terrible twos a bit early, I just haven't had much extra energy! As cute as my girlies are, I am having to work extra hard to keep them from spinning wildly out of control! The twin thing has come in to play in a major way and it is coming dangerously close to beating me! There are times I just wish I could throw up the white flag of surrender and go take a hot, quiet bubble bath! But, alas, I cannot. And the hardest part is, I think they know that I am almost beat! I'm not sure if it is the age, if it is that they are girls, or that Abby is now walking for real and Sarah sees that as a threat and Abby sees herself as having some authority somehow. But, my sweet girls have turned into really cute monsters this week! They are fighting(tackle and sit on eachother kind of fighting!)almost nonstop, they are purposefully defiant, and they have perfected the art of tag teaming. Worse yet, they KNOW what they are doing and think it is funny! I, on the other hand, do not! I am willing to say that between 9-18 months, twins was really fun, but right now it is almost as bad, some moments are worse, than the sleepless newborn days. Don't get me wrong, I love my girls, and they are truly histerical most of the time, but I feel like I am fighting a battle of wills and I cannot be defeated or the next while is going to be ugly! This two against one thing is just tiring. Marvin is gone almost always, so I am doing this on my own. Therefore, I have become very dependant on God! I have come to realize that as long as I am focused and leaning on Him, I can do it! As long as I take one thing at a time and not go nuts invisioning my deliquents in 12 years from now, it really isn't all that bad! Please pray for us this week. Not for patience, PLEASE, but that I have strength and wisdom to know what to deal with and what to let go of.

Michael being silly!

Which makes Sam be silly!

Abby got caught trying to put on my shoes
But couldn't get them on, so she was sad

On a much brighter note, we got little girl panties and my baby girls are looking very grown up! I'm not so sure I like that very much! Abby is still a LONG way from getting it, but she LOVES the panties and wants them on if Sarah has them. She just thinks nothing of wetting them, no biggy, she just keeps going leaving a puddle behind her. Sarah is not close to being through, but she is making great progress. She truly gets it, just doesn't want to do it all of the time yet. Which is fine by me, I really love their cloth diapered bottoms!

cuteness!

Abby's singing(she LOVES to sing!)
Abby showing off her walking skills...
...and her big girl panties!
Sarah sporting hers too!
strutting her stuff

We made yet another Costco run today(yes, we do go there a lot!) and found some Nutella. I have seen it many places before, but I just couldn't bring myself to taste it. We got some because I was in an experimental mood and the kids wanted to make Nutella sandwiches for dinner. And so we did. I stuck my finger in it to taste and see if it would be something they would eat(don't want to waste 3/4 of a loaf of bread if they aren't gonna eat it!). I put it in my mouth and fell instantly in love. I cannot believe that I missed out on this my whole life! No longer! I made sandwiches, put it on strawberries and mangoes, and ate some straight off a spoon. It is the best thing ever! We finished half the jar just tonight. The kids loved their "chocolate" sandwiches and ate closer to the crust than I have ever seen them get! It is just a little taste of heaven!

Michael LOVES Nutella!
Sam likes it a lot!
Josh definately approves!
Sarah likes it on Mango best!
Abby is devastated that Mama said no more!


1 comment:

Kristan said...

i hear you about the twins at this age thing - i'm exhausted too, and that's with a husband around a few hours at night. God will get us through it, right? :)