Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Joshua!

I cannot believe that I am here for yet another birthday boy post! Joshua turned the big 3 today! I cannot believe my baby boy is a big boy now! I'm telling you, with all these birthdays I'm a little depressed! My Joshua has always been my cuddle bug. From the moment of birth, his head has been attached to my shoulder! My boy did not walk until he was 23 months old, partially, I think, because he SO enjoyed being held! He has utter determination. Everything has been harder for Josh to accomplish having to deal with his major Sensory issues. Normal everyday things that most take for granted, Josh has spent hours and hours in Physical, Occupational, Speech and Early Intervention therapies. But he accomplishes it, I am so proud of the huge strides he has made! From the time he was only months old, he has been able to melt my heart with just one look. He knows this, of course, and uses it to his advantage! Who could resist?











Joshua Phillip,
I look at you and am just in awe. You are such an amazing and wonderful little man. Our hearts broke when we saw that life would be harder for you than other kids. Oh, how we were mistaken. Every step you take is one you have fought for, one we have worked together for. You have brought so much into my life. You have taught me patience, you have taught me unconditional love. You have shown me what determination really looks like. I'm so amazed at how far you have come in the last year! Abba and I weren't sure what you'd be able to accomplish a year ago, how much you'd be able to actively love us back! You have blown us away! Life may never be "easy" for you, but I think it might be better that way. You will never take for granted the "little" things! My prayer is that as you move on in life, you will draw strength from the Creator. I pray that you will learn to hold on to Him in the good times and the hard ones! You have come so far, and I can't wait to watch you reach for so very much more! I love you, little man!

No comments: