Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day!

I didn't write about our day yesterday because, well, my valentine was home and he comes before the computer!!!!! Marvin's schedule has been awful and looks to remain so for quite some time. You can pray along with us that things change there, it is very wearing for us all to have him gone so much. He is home 1 day and gone 3(including nights, he has to stay on board the boat on those days). It is very hard for all of us during this time. BUT, he was off yesterday for Valentines day!!!! Now, we are not very romantic people, I've never really cared about Valentines day, but any day that Marvin can be home with us is a GREAT day in my book! My most wonderful husband let me sleep in while he fed and dressed our troop and I was awoken with excited giggles as they brought me a gift to bed. It was a pair of pajamas with Thumper on them. Don't laugh, let me explain why it made me appreciate my husband so much in that moment. And no, it is not because Thumper is my favorite. However, it is Josh's favorite thing(remember that we just had to replace his over loved "Bunny"!). Josh has been having a hard time this week. When he is having a hard time with his sensory stuff for any reason, he shuts down and it just breaks our hearts. The one thing that brings him out of it somewhat is his Thumper. He LOVES bunny and when he can't communicate himself, he sometimes can use bunny to help. Let me tell you how my little man lit up when he saw his beloved "Bunny" on my pajamas! I cannot tell you how many times he has pointed it out to me, and yes, to "Bunny" as well! Pajamas are my favorite thing, what I wear when we are not leaving the house. My husband knew me well enough to know that my greatest joy would be seeing that light in my Josh's eyes, and he did it with my other favorite thing! I so love you, Babe!!!!! I'm not sure if it was the jammies or not, but Josh is having a much better day today! It is so strange, almost like a veil brought down suddenly, hiding his sweet self from us and then just as suddenly it is lifted and he is back. All afternoon we did our errands done, Marvin changing oil, me cleaning our very neglected house! My Valentine took us all out to eat. We thought it would be crazy busy, so we tried to pick the least romantic place, which happens to be my favorite, BBQ! Well, boy were we wrong! An hour and a half wait! Are you kidding? What happened to the romance, people! The people there were not even families, mostly couples, and dressed up at that. Am I off here? Maybe I am more of a romantic than I thought, but I don't think I'd be pleased if my Valentine had taken me out for a romantic dinner and ended up eating BBQ!!!!! Oh well, surely the mall food court would prove reliable. On our way there, we pass this little Family Mexican Restaurant. We figured we could give that a go. Guess what, no wait!!!!! So, we piled in and had a hard time controlling our giggles when, in the midst of the quaint beach themed Mexican restaurant, we were SURROUNDED by hearts GALORE. I'm talking paper heart streamers all over the ceiling, red cardboard hearts and cupids taped to every beach painted wall and windows(next to the beer neon signs!). It was priceless! The food was great and we had so much fun together as a family. I must brag, my children were complimented more than once for their awesome behavior! This used to happen quite often. Then we had Sarah! HA!!!! It doesn't matter how good the others are in public, when one is screaming and throwing huge tantrums, no one sees anything else! I was so proud of them last night, we had time to enjoy each of them. After dinner, we went on a romantic trip to....TARGET. Oh yes, and do you know why? It was so that we could spend a small fortune to replace tooth brushes!!!! You gotta love that! Is it sad that I wouldn't trade my life for ANYTHING that most would think is actually romantic. My life is so full of love, the REAL stuff, I would take that any day over romance(you're not off the hook, my love, some romance every so often on top of what we have would make it even better!)!!!! After we put our little people to bed, we watched a movie that my husband got from someone on his ship. Only I can't give details because I'm pretty sure it is not legal for him to have it!!!! I have brought him up to speed on how illegal it is to get movies that are not out of theaters yet and that he should steer clear of his provider from here on out. But we already have this one, so we cuddled up on the couch and made the best a bootleg film, now THAT, my friends, is romance!(Hopefully authorities won't haul us away, I promise we won't do it again!

No comments: