Tuesday, February 10, 2009

School Days and other stuff!

The boys go to a program for home schooled kids every Monday. They get together with other kids their age and do things as a group(PE, music, class time, and lunch). The biggest thrill on Sunday evening is finding something they can take for "hotel", that is what Sam calls Show and Tell, no matter how many times I remind him off the right term. They hunt down treasures to take for "hotel" and place them by the door with their shoes and socks. The other thing is that they help me make their lunches. They make the sandwiches and pick out which treat they want to take along. I always slip a note inside after they go to bed. It usually says "I love you" or "You're cool" or "You're the best!" (you get the idea!). Last week, Michael said I should stop sending them, he didn't want his friends to laugh. I told him okay, if he was embarrassed, I wouldn't send them, but I still think he is really cool! On the inside my mommy heart was bleeding, my baby was embarrassed by ME. That night, after they were in bed, I was cleaning out their lunch boxes and found my note, folded nicely and carefully placed in the pocket of the bag. My boy might be embarrassed about getting my notes, but he still loves to know I love him!!!! So, now I put the notes into the pocket instead of into the box part, so he knows I love him, but his friends won't laugh! When I pick them up from school, they are so excited to tell me everything they learned about. Michael tells me all about Mexico, the rain forest or whatever place they talked about that day. Sam tells me that he learned not to push, not to hit, to take turns, and that you should always use your manners. I guess life skills are way more important than rain forests anyway!

Marvin got home from his underway yesterday. I was SO happy to see him. The boys were very excited to see him as well. Sarah would not even look at him for a long time. Thankfully she warmed up by lunch time today! Now her Abba is number 1 again! I'm so glad that little ones are so easy to go with this crazy flow of military life! Michael is having a hard time adjusting again. Change is not easy for him, good or bad, he just doesn't like it. Please pray that we can stay consistent through all of these changes so that he continues to do as well as he has for the last couple of weeks! I'm so happy my joyful little man is back, I sure did miss that guy!

No comments: