Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Snow days!

The most said phrase when we told people we were afraid to be moving to the rugged north west was "Oh, it really does not snow there. And if it does, it usually does not stick!" Well, can I say for a place that never gets snow, we've had a LOT of snow this year!!!! We thought it was starting to be spring here, but we were mistaken. It snowed again yesterday. It started overnight, but it was so warm and so wet that it didn't start sticking until mid morning. It snowed HARD most of the day. We had a good 4 inches. To top it off, the water underneath the snow made our driveway very interesting to say the least. We woke up this morning to a beautiful sunny, pretty warm day! The snow was melting with haste, so we thought we should get out and touch it...hopefully for the last time this winter!!!!! It was warm and so the snow was really wet, but the girls had never touched snow before, so I got out their really BIG snowsuits and let them loose! They had a really good time, and of course, I got pictures!

Sarah (NOPE, she has NOT grown that much!)

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Sarah pondering how to get up the steps in her "fluffy" snowsuit

Sweet bundled sisters

3 babies, 1 car...what's a family to do?

After Sarah enlisted Abby's help with her mittens, she touches snow for the first time!

Abby's not so sure about this cold, wet stuff

The car is better than the snow!

No comments: