Friday, February 20, 2009
Well, has it ever been a crazy few weeks! Sam's birthday was a great respite to the craziness so that we could all focus on fun together. Our dishwasher has been leaking for close to a month. It is messing up the floor, but the landlord didn't seem to care much. We had a heart to heart last night and I hope that we finally have a plan of action. Basically, that I'll just get things taken care of and let him know what I'm doing along the way. Works for me. I already have an appointment set up for first thing Monday morning to get that taken care of. The other BIG thing is that we have no dryer. It keeps blowing a breaker. It is BRAND new, we just got it when we moved here. The repairman was at the house all day on Sam's birthday, but was not able to fix it because he needed to order a part. And guess what!!! It takes over a week to get this part. This is NOT good news. I'd hang the clothes outside, but we live in the wettest place on earth!!! So, for now they are hanging on the deck until the rain starts tomorrow, and then we'll have to figure out how to do it inside, probably the basement. The silver lining? At least our electric bill will go down this month. No dishwasher, no dryer. Maybe I should learn to garden and make my own bread. Marvin and I have always laughed at how we'd starve if we had to live in little house on the prarie days! If I had to grow our food and he had to kill it, we would be in dire straights!!! I'm starting to feel it, makes me want to quilt or something! Tomorrow is Josh's birthday. He's pretty clueless, but he's been telling everyone he is 3 since he turned 2. So, at least he'll be correct now! Marvin is still working ALL the time. We can SO use your prayers for his schedule. A big group came from the Navy Admiral's office on Wednesday to find out why they did so badly on the last inspection. One of the things they were looking at was the morale, which is pretty low right now. We are really hoping that things will change. I KNOW that God is moving and working, for both of us. God has taught me to rely on Him, no matter what happens with Marvin's schedule, I know I rest in His arms and that He will bring us through this. WE serve a truly amazing God! I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with new photos of my Josh man, if it is still sunny, which I and my clothes are hoping for, contrary to what those depressing weathermen out here say!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment