Proof that sometimes, the sun really does shine here!
Josh and Abby think they might melt!
After I put the littles down for a nap, I enlisted the boys to help me clean up our Little Tikes climber/slide that has been in pieces in the backyard since we moved in. I had NO idea what that plan would entail! I thought if I set it up in the playroom, maybe they could stop flipping off my sofa when it is raining and we are stuck inside. Today was the first oppurtunity I had to clean it enough to bring it inside. Man, the next 1.5 hours were both comical and sad! I turned it and myself every which way and could NOT get it together. Unfortunately, it was given to us assembled by our neighbors in Charleston, so I had never seen it get put together and we had no instructions. I tried to get the instructions online, but my computer wouldn't load them(take note, this use of my computer in the busy basement is gonna be important later!). So, I wrestled some more. After I contorted myself into positions that no mother of 5 should, I was feeling defeated! I went back to try one more time to get the instructions, to find my computer on the floor(I didn't leave it there!) in pieces! No one would fess up to the crime, they stood together in a united front. I lost it. My kids were in shock. I walked out the back door and screamed. Not a proud moment, and one for which I apoligized to each of them for. Then I piled them into the van and high tailed it to Best Buy. I've been looking at new laptops(they are really lucky!), so I had already narrowed it down. I talked to the salesman over Josh's cries of hunger and purchased what I hope will become one of my new friends! We got drivethru on the way home, mostly because this mama is plain wore out!!!! Then it was bedtime...FINALLY!!!!!! I got the instructions to the climber from my new computer and put it mostly together, enough to play on until Marvin gets home. Only 6 more days!!!!!! I've started my countdown. The boys have stopped asking when Abba is coming home and Sarah is no longer going from room to room calling him, that means he's been gone way too long! We'll all be happy he is home in less than one week! Also, Abby stood up all on her own 3 times yesterday!!!! That is a HUGE for her! I have a feeling she'll be running after Sarah very soon!
Sarah has decided that she is a princess who should be sitting at the table, fed whatever she pleases by her adoring brothers! Josh and Sam, showered her with their blueberries at breakfast this morning!
The princess herself!
Her sweet, brother servant



No comments:
Post a Comment