Friday, February 27, 2009

We are still alive

We have all been sick, Mama included! That is never good, especially because my hubby has been stuck on the boat 2 hours away!!! We have managed, but it hasn't been pretty. I mean that literally. My children asked me several times why I look like that. I assume they meant bad, being that my reflection in the mirror was pretty scary looking! I got a CHI hair straightener the day before I came down with this brutal cold and I must say, I love it! It has kept my out of control hair looking not so terrible after a week of not washing it! I think it is going to become one of those must haves for me this year, I can't believe it has taken me so long to hop on this wagon! I promise to post pics once I don't look, well, like that! Abby wouldn't look at me for the night I did it, I def look like someone else without my frizzy curls! She is used to it now though, you know, after a week of not washing it. I think it might be about time for a shower! Marvin made an appearance at home yesterday evening! He came bearing cold meds, Diet Coke, and dinner. Let me tell ya, I've never been more in love!!!! I went into a drug induced sleep around 10pm, but we had a whole 4 hours to visit! Things may be changing for the better with his schedule!!!! No more 3 on 1 off. They will now be working reg hours plus 4 section duty(they stay on board ship every 4th day) with guaranteed weekends. That means that if duty day is Saturday, they get Sunday and Monday off. If it is Sunday, they get Friday and Saturday off. So, he'll be home most evenings and have 2 days off each week. I am SO relieved. I am really praying this can work out and be the norm for us! I have so missed my husband! Other good news, my dryer is supposed to be fixed TOMORROW!!!!!!! I am so tired of hanging clothes INSIDE to dry! Although it is very nice today and they are getting blown dry in the nice sunny breeze outside today! Those days are few and far between this time of year in our soggy corner of the country! I was getting jackets out of the car today so the kids could play outside and soak up some vitamin D and my automatic doors wouldn't open. Uh Oh! I tried to start the van and it is dead, and I mean DEAD. I'm hopping that it is just a dead battery from my light happy children. That said, I'm not entirely sure how to get it started. There is too much junk to get the other car in the garage for a jump. The driveway is too steep to push the van out to get it done on the street(I can barely push the full garbage can up the driveway to the street for pickup!). I'm thinking we might need to call a tow truck, does roadside assistance cover driveways? I guess I'd better look into that!

1 comment:

julie said...

Don't know what i'd do without the CHI! Hope you feel better soon.