Saturday, February 7, 2009
Tired!
Josh is sick, he can't tell me what is wrong, I can just tell he is miserable. It is frustrating to know something doesn't feel good and not know how to fix it because he can't tell me. It is hard because when ANYTHING upsets his delicate balance, he completely shuts down. Loses all communication, all control. He just lays on the couch and moans, it breaks my heart. I gave him all kinds of meds tonight at bedtime, since he can't tell me what is wrong, I figured I'd cover all the bases! Hopefully he feels better in the morning! Abby is getting her molars in and is either fussing or eating her hand(yes, her WHOLE hand!). Sarah is being Sarah to the fullest(need I say more?)! Michael woke up WAY too early this morning and was not much fun to be around until nap time. And Sam just bounces off the walls, and I'm talking literally here! To top it all off, I am miserable with what I guess to be a sinus infection. I feel like I'm beginning to come unglued! We have conquered this month long underway with great strength up to this point. I'm hanging on to God's leg tonight, it is the only place I can be! I wish I could fall into bed and sleep for the next 2 days! But, I can't, so I'm hanging on the promise of God tonight to give me the strength that I need to love my kids the way they need to be loved. And to continue to follow Him with Joy. I think I'm in such dire straights. And then I think of little Abby Riggs in the hospital fighting for her life and in so much pain and yet smiling that brave little smile of hers. I'm sure she would give just about anything for just a stupid sinus infection and a day in my life! How selfish I am to even feel sorry for myself. My children may get on my nerves at times, but they are all healthy enough to be getting on my nerves. Something I thank God for every single day. God has promised me that He would give His grace, His strength, His peace, His wisdom. All I have to do is ask and then rely on Him. Sometimes I think God allows me to make myself so tired that I have no choice but to rely on Him, to cling to Him. I'm there tonight, and I'm choosing to let go of my pettiness so that I can hold onto Him! I'm feeling better already! My God is amazing, beyond anything I could even begin to describe. I'm so glad that He is steady and unchanging even when my world seems to be rocking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That was cool to see God working on you right in the middle of your blog! Funny how those things happen. We've all had those yucky days. Today at church our pastor kept saying that Jesus did not promise an easy ride, but He promised a safe arrival. I'm so thankful for that too. I will pray for healing for all the sweet Quiambaos and more weakness for Mommy because "he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."2Cor12:9
Much love to you! Amy Levy
Post a Comment