
Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
Well, it has been a LONG time since I've enjoyed MckMama's blog carnival! I thought it was much needed this week, free therapy is always good for the soul! You should hop on over and get in on the fun!
I, being the completely attentive and watchful mother that I am, did not fail to realize that my 6 year old spent over an hour quietly performing his very own science experiments in our basement/schoolroom this week. And, he most certainly did not improvise using my soda, left over milk, color changing tablets, gel crystals and test tubes, leaving me a huge mess to clean up! And, since he did not do that, I certainly did not just shrug my shoulders and use it as a learning experience, asking him all the things he had observed and telling him just how cool his mess was.
I did not buy and eat 5 boxes of girl scout cookies completely on my own in 3 days. That would be a little over the top and more than any one person needs. However, if I had, in fact, done that, I certainly would NOT be telling anyone!
I do not still have a fake Christmas tree up in the basement. It is March after all! Only lazy rednecks keep their trees up all year long! and I definitely do not light it every now and then just to get that nice cozy feel even still, in March!
My house is always completely in order, so I did not spend the entire weekend asking my children not to throw the clean clothes in the gigantic pile in the middle of our formal living room around! How crazy would it be that I'd have to say that just once, much less several times for 3 whole days. They just don't seem to get the etiquette rule that you leave the clean clothes in the pile hiding the lazy boy, you don't throw them all over the dirty floor and use them to make forts! But, being that I always fold clothes as soon as the dryer is done drying, that was not a problem for me this weekend!
That is it for now! Hope you laughed as much as I did! Oh, it is so good to admit we are not perfect!



No comments:
Post a Comment