Saturday, March 14, 2009

A shout out for Josh bosh!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!! I'm so excited to announce that Josh has turned the corner on potty training!!!!! He asked me to take off his diaper this afternoon so that he could sit on the potty. While there, he pooped!!! On his own! I put him in his big boy undies(his sensory self can't stand to be naked!) and he continued to initiate his bathroom trips, pull his undies off and on and get onto the potty by himself all afternoon and evening, with ZERO accidents! Including another poop! YEAH for my boy! He turned 3 almost a month ago and every attempt thus far as ended in my backing up. Something clicked for him today and I am so excited! As OCD as my big man is, I think once it clicks, it will be done for good...at least I can hope!

Sarah, on the other hand, has been running around naked for 2 days due to her awful diaper rash. She just goes where she is(including down the vent in the bathroom RIGHT next to the potty seat). She loves to sit on the potty, but just isn't getting the concept. I'm not in a hurry, it'll come in time. As for now, I'm going to fully enjoy just 2 in diapers!

And, in other news, Abby is walking more and more. However, she's got a really funny gate. I'm taking her in on Monday to see what her pedi thinks if it hasn't improved by then. I'm not sure if something is wrong, if it is her hip displasia or if she is just a bit weird(which would totally be fine!). I'm proud of her for finally taking steps! It's about time, girly girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!! that is so exciting! We are almost there, too. Mr Incredible undies on top of pull ups if we are going out. Mr incredilbe undies alone if we are in the house. Good for you!!!
Happy Spring!