Thursday, March 19, 2009

Treasures

For quite some time, Sam has been attached to slightly odd things(like an empty ring pop ring, cheap happy meal toys....). Each day he carries them around all day long and then places them under his pillow while he sleeps. Every now and then I find a stick or dried flower or a rock that was in his pocket for safe keeping that he forgot about, but for the most part, his treasures end up faithfully under his pillow. After a week, these things pile up! So, about once a week, I go in during bath time and empty his hiding spot. This evening I had to laugh out loud at what I found. He had an empty Spider man wallet, a parachute man(the cheapo party favors that you toss and watch drift) who was missing his parachute, a used kleenex(I hope it was used by him during the night, but one really can't be sure!), a ninja turtle, and 2 empty toilet paper rolls. I had to laugh out loud over his beloved "treasure". I would have taken a picture if my camera battery was not charging. I was really amused, and then I thought how much like God. He takes the worthless of this world, the weak, the powerless, the undesireables and in HIS hands, we become true treasure. To the world looking at us, I'm sure we are quite the hodgepoge, but to God we are treasured. I am so very glad that I know how much I am loved by my maker so that I can ignore the laughter of this world and of Satan. To God, I am more than an empty toilet paper roll, I am His child, I am truly beloved treasure!

No comments: