What a long, fun day we've had! We woke up(I use that term lightly as I really didn't sleep, therefore couldn't wake up!) to rain and yucks. I locked us all in the basement with the tv on as I dosed on the couch. After lunch, we all took a good nap. When we woke up, the sun was shining and it was beautiful! We got dressed(yes, that was how rough the morning was!) and headed out to run some errands. After much success, we stopped at Petsmart. We do not have a pet any longer, so the kids started asking what we were going to get. I told them that I thought it would be fun to get a pet. Sam wanted a snake...not gonna happen! Michael wanted a cat...closer, but still a bit high on my maintinance scale. We did a lot a research and it is agreed by most that the best small pet for young children is a Guinea Pig. So, I told them I was thinking Guinea Pig and they got so excited. They were gonna have a Lenny(think Wonderpets!)!!!! We gathered all the supplies and then got the last Guinea Pig that was left. A girl, a very freaked out baby Guinea Pig. We thought she was a he at first and named her Gideon(the coward in the Bible whom God gave great courage). But, that was not good once we knew she was a girl. So, her name is Nelly(as in Nervous Nelly!). We got home and got little Nelly settled and then got in the bath(not with Nelly, just 5 little cuties). Shortly after, Marvin got home! The kids were beyond excited. They had Nelly and Abba all on the same night! Abba was trying to run off some steam and started playing Follow the Leader. It was going great until..... Marvin got really stuck in the climber/slide! I thought he was just joking at first, but then I started tickling him and quickly realized that he was REALLY stuck. After I laughed my head off for a long time and snapped a few pictures, I tried to help. After a long time and a few thoughts of having to call the fire department, he finally squeezed his way out. Silly man! He is a good Daddy, that is for sure! After all the excitement, the boys went to bed and I snuggled with Nelly for a bit in the quiet. Poor thing is gonna have to grow some thick skin around here!
Boys telling Granny on the phone about their new pet

Michael is so excited!

Sam is so excited!

This is Josh's happy/camera shy face!

Silly Abba, very stuck

Boys trying to help while Mama laughs and takes pictures!



Feeling REALLY smart right about now!

Poor Nervous Nelly during all the fun

Peek

Getting aquanted
3 comments:
Marvin's never going to live that one down :)
Hope Nellie gets over her nervouness!
Nelly--what a cute name! Enjoy!
Maddie and Gray want to say they miss you very much and it is time for you to move back. Then we can get our guinea pigs together:)
That's right, we are waiting for Daddy to bring ours home tonight. Someone at work was giving one away and we are going to give it a try. Any advice?????
Post a Comment