

My boys are so lucky to have the best boys' grandpop ever! They spend hours clearing woods, changing oil, playing chase, wrestling. Pretty much anything that a little boy would love! It has been hard the last few months to be so far away. It was good to look forward to our visits. Today Grandpop left for a year long deployment in Afghanistan. He is in the army for those that don't know. He is an OR nurse and will be on the front lines to stabilize injured soldiers so they can make it to the bigger hospitals. He will be living in a tent city on the border of Pakistan. Please pray that he will be very safe while he is there. Also that he will be able to share the love of Christ with not only the injured soldiers that he helps, but also his colleagues. He is the "old man" of the group, so the young guys look up to him, and I can't think of a much better role model! Also, please pray for my mom as she stays behind. She will be visiting with us for a bit, we hope, and also working in Fayetteville. Please pray for peace and comfort. I know how hard it is to be separated from your love and it is not easy. And lastly, please pray for my kiddos, especially the boys. They only know that Grandpop is going to keep us safe from the "bad guys". They say he is a super hero, which I happen to agree. But, I can tell they are a bit uneasy, knowing Grandpop is close to where the "bad guys" are.
Dearest Heavenly Father~
Thank you for hearing our concerns, and for holding us in Your hands, both here and Afghanistan. I pray that you'd get the whole group to their destination safely and that You would watch over them every second they are there. Thank You for reminding us that You have a plan, that You are with us always, and that You care and love us more than we can even begin to comprehend. Please be with Granny. Allow her to feel Your arms wrapped around her, bring her peace.



1 comment:
I just saw your prayer request over at the Riggs Family Blog and I just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for your father. As an American, I am SO THANKFUL for individuals like your father who sacrifice so much for all of us.
May God bless your family during this time of separation.
Post a Comment