I packed up all our cloth diapers when we left Charleston and started to use disposables. I unpacked them when we got here, but have only used them a few days when all three babies were teething and well, I put them up! I decided yesterday that we are going back. The amount of money we spend on diapering 3 little people is CRAZY, not to mention the landfills our family alone is filling up with just diapers! So, I washed them, stuffed them, and got them all stacked up to start using this morning. I am falling in love all over again! I have saved $3 already and it is only half way through day one! Sarah loves the colorful covers! You know, the true girl that she is, she does love a matching accessory, even if it is a diaper! I love their little cloth diapered bottoms! I'll have to post a picture when nap time is over! A lot of people ask, isn't that just a ton of unnecessary work? Nope, not at all, one load of wash, dry and dump it in the diaper box laundry. The kind I use require no folding, pinning, or even covering. I just stuff the insert into the diaper(which consists of an ultra soft liner for baby's bottom and a really cute, colorful water proof cover with velcro tabs). I stuff the insert in between the layers, and put it on just like a disposable. I use Bum Genius 3.0 one size diaper, meaning it grows with the baby and saves a TON of money in size changing. Now that the girls and Josh are all in larges, I have ordered some All in ones from Baby Genius as well. Same diaper without the stuffing! I think I should get some royalties from my commercial here! But, I promise I don't, I just LOVE these diapers!
Sarah's bottom(yes, that is a pool floatie in my bedroom, doesn't everyone have a pool floatie in the master bedroom?)

Abby and her climbing self shows what these babies can handle! No leaks!

Josh wanted to model his lime color, while Sarah points out his cute belly button!

Sarah is bringing me her bow to put into her hair, it is all about accessories!
A Funny From This Morning!
I was building Legos with the boys this morning(have I mentioned that I LOVE Saturdays!), and we were building and talking. When Sam had finished his ship, he said the only thing it needed was a flag on top. So, he grabbed a piece and put it right on the top. I asked, what kind of a flag he was putting up there. He looked at me, like I was CRAZY and should already know the answer, how simple could that be. He sighed out loud and said, "The flag of the United Steaks of America, silly!" Classic!
No comments:
Post a Comment